Things you'd never do on a guitar build...

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Baseless beliefs are most certainly what other people believe. 

Right. If you don't believe what I believe, you're clearly bonked in the head <grin>

miri288.jpg

Captain Kirk learns a lesson from the children who so terrified us in the '60s.

Bonk bonk - on the head! Bonk bonk!

mero said:
I think the contoured heels are hand shaped

Watch the video from 1.19 onwards

http://youtu.be/-MqgNcEJx-k

I had no idea there was that much hand detailing/finishing involved. The contoured heel looked like it was just being sanded though, I guess the bulk of the material it remove on some other process that isn't shown.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
What color is the hardware on the one in your sig?

I think this is pointed towards me, the hardware on that guitar is all chrome. I guess the angle of the photo, and the size, make it look possibly gold, but it's chrome.
MULLY

whitell.jpg

Did you know, there are a few things you can do with the evil Strat volume knob* hole that are slightly more photogenic than a square of electrical tape? :laughing3:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=1%2F4%22+hole+plug&_sacat=0&_odkw=sink+hole+plug&_osacat=0&_from=R40

*(I hate 'em too, I have like a permanent scar where I repeatedly wore the skin off the top of my little finger practicing shreddy stuff for hours on end on an old Strat. Everybody SAID Strats were great guitars, ummm.... duh. I lost my innocence shortly thereafter. :sad1:)

StubHead said:
Did you know, there are a few things you can do with the evil Strat volume knob* hole that are slightly more photogenic than a square of electrical tape? :laughing3:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=1%2F4%22+hole+plug&_sacat=0&_odkw=sink+hole+plug&_osacat=0&_from=R40

*(I hate 'em too, I have like a permanent scar where I repeatedly wore the skin off the top of my little finger practicing shreddy stuff for hours on end on an old Strat. Everybody SAID Strats were great guitars, ummm.... duh. I lost my innocence shortly thereafter. :sad1:)

Let me give an explanation about that. Many moons ago I bought my first strat. Up to that point I had owned Kramers, ESP, Music Man etc.... but I had never owned a Strat. So, I bought this strat and loved it EXCEPT that the volume knob was constantly in my way. I went over to the guitar shop and we took one of the Tone pots off and moved the volume down one space. That hole was staring me right in the eye though and I hated that as much as I hated having the volume knob there. So, as a quick fix, I grabbed some electrical tape and covered the hole. I mean let's be real here, that's what Eddie Van Halen would do, hahaha!! I believe the inspiration for the black tape actually came from EVH's guitar. On the 5150, the black line above the jack is actually tape. So, I covered her up. So many people commented on it, good and bad. So, I did the exact same thing with the next Strat that I bought and since then it's kind of been my little signature move. When I ordered the Warmoth I could have easily ordered the scratch plate without the hole but, the tape had to be done. I know a lot of people here don't like it but hey, if we all liked the same thing this world would be a boring place.
MULLY
notice that both knobs say "TONE" too. That is also a rip off of EVH.

Funny thing is that if I ever became famous, which I never will, but if I did, all the kids would be removing their knobs and putting tape on there. So you see, I'm ahead of the game. hahaha!! If Fender made my signature line of guitars they would have to come with a roll of electrical tape. HA!!

mullyman said:
Funny thing is that if I ever became famous, which I never will, but if I did, all the kids would be removing their knobs and putting tape on there. So you see, I'm ahead of the game. hahaha!! If Fender made my signature line of guitars they would have to come with a roll of electrical tape. HA!!

Hehe! Sad, but true.

Kids. Can't live with 'em, and you can't shoot 'em.

I love the Strat volume knob position. The position on my VIP feels like it's a half mile away. Teles just wind up hitting the pup selector.
If I ever took enough laudanum to get a Tele, I'd either get a Deluxe, Custom, or flip the control plate.

You could always ignore convention and do it right...

6183309360_8c8e4d0db7_b.jpg

And why would you need Laudanum? Beer works fine.

Back