The Wheels are in motion! The trigger pulled! [new PICTURES added]

clewnii said:
Death by Uberschall said:
On that one, loose the white. Black or chrome would be my suggestion.

Thanks for the feedback, its appreciated.
But, b, b, but, but, but.. I'm starting to like it hehehe.  :toothy12:
And that's what matters the most, do what you like.  :eek:ccasion14:

bagman67 said:
The white knob, pickup, and switch tip look every hair-metal to me.  I'd go black on the pickup, and black or amber on the knob, and black on the switch tip.  But my taste runs more conservative.

:guitarplayer2: Hairmetal FTW ;-)

Amber knob/knobs would match up with the neck, hmmm.

I may have to make alot more guitars using all the spare knobs I'll have after finishing this one ;)

clewnii said:
I no longer think sperzels would help (GOOD, less money spent =) )

I've used the Schallers on my last 2 builds, and have them coming for the neck I just ordered. Prior to that, it was Sperzels for years. No string trees, and no problems.

Cagey said:
clewnii said:
I no longer think sperzels would help (GOOD, less money spent =) )

I've used the Schallers on my last 2 builds, and have them coming for the neck I just ordered. Prior to that, it was Sperzels for years. No string trees, and no problems.

Thats good to know, thanks.

The two sets of tuners I got were from Musicians Friend.  One being a Staggered Schallers, and the other was an aftermarket Fender, but both were definately made the exact same way.  They are all pretty low for the most part, but three out of six are even lower.  Damn, the ones you have pictured are really low, you might get away without string trees.  In my embarassement, I bought the Schallers thinking the other Fender tuners weren't staggered or Schallers :laughing7: The white parts are growing on me a little. I wonder what cream hardware would look like?

Firebird said:
The two sets of tuners I got were from Musicians Friend.  One being a Staggered Schallers, and the other was an aftermarket Fender, but both were definately made the exact same way.  They are all pretty low for the most part, but three out of six are even lower.  Damn, the ones you have pictured are really low, you might get away without string trees.  In my embarassement, I bought the Schallers thinking the other Fender tuners weren't staggered or Schallers :laughing7: The white parts are growing on me a little. I wonder what cream hardware would look like?

Quick update before bedtime..  I got my tremol-no today, so I could install that and naturally I just had to put the neck, bridge and some strings on to check this tuner issue out and it works.

For some reason my Fender super switch hit the body/finish in the bridge position and failed to complete the conection properly, had to get a bunch of files and do some "modifications" to the shaft.
I also sanded down some bumps in the back cavity hopeing that it would help just a tiiiiny bit, well now its making the connection but still hiting the finish =/. Got any suggestions before i go back to the files? =)

I had a similar, but not as severe, problem as you have there.  I had the pickguard and the "standard" 5-way was getting a little hung up on the neck and bridge position, so it wouldn't complete the mechanical motion required to switch properly.  I had to elongate the slot for the switch, and didn't mess with the switch itself.  In your case I would be a little worried doing the same thing to the body. (Where's the cringe icon?)  Whatever you do, be carefull, I would try to file the slot a little and try the switch again, of course without grooving out the finish in the front.  If that doesn't work I would try to evaluate just how much has to come off the switch's shaft on that side, and just keep up what you were doing. I just got another idea. :sign13:, what if you elongated the screw holes on the switch, then move the switch up until the position works.  The only crap thing is you would have to use nuts and washers to hold the switch in place after that. :icon_scratch:  I am  sure that moving the switch up is liable to do the same thing to the neck position, but maybe a slight notch up is all you need.

Back