The Wheels are in motion! The trigger pulled! [new PICTURES added]

Nice pics! But, out of all those, I didn't see any beer at all! WTF?

Y'know, you can't assemble guitars without beer. There are laws regarding such things. I'm not going to report you - yet! But, I expect you to rectify that situation asap, or you will be certainly be exposed to the unrelenting wrath of GASP (The Guitar Assembly Society Police).

I'll make sure to replentish my beer supply before i start the assembly =)

What about drinking and drilling?

So I finally got the pickups and the humbuggers did'nt fit the holes!
Well, I thought there had to be an easy solution to this problem and there was. Its called a hammer and after beating up the bottom corners of the pickup covers for a while they slid right in. SCORE.

I still dont have the tools to put everything in place yet but here it is with pickups and stuff.

What do you think about the white?

warmothsoloist7.jpg

warmothsoloist6.jpg

Im a little concerned about the low A and E strings with these Schaller locking (NON staggered) tuners, I may have to use a string tree and i dont want to! So im planning to try it out and if it doesnt work I'll get a set of staggered sperzels.

The string will angle very little across the nut. Is there any rule as to how low you can go before a string tree or shorter/staggered tuners are required? Note again that we are talking about the low A and E (reverse head).

I like these tuners though, they look and feel very well made and I want to use them :-|

The white knob, pickup, and switch tip look every hair-metal to me.  I'd go black on the pickup, and black or amber on the knob, and black on the switch tip.  But my taste runs more conservative.

bagman67 said:
The white knob, pickup, and switch tip look every hair-metal to me.  I'd go black on the pickup, and black or amber on the knob, and black on the switch tip.  But my taste runs more conservative.

=)  I was going to go black initially but just couldnt find those singles with black covers so I got that one and was going to replace the cover but now I think it kind of lightens up the "mood" of the thing a bit (?)

I have a set of clear knobs aswell but you dont see through them as easily as I though you would. =/

That baby is gorgeous!  No on the white hardware IMO, black, chrome, or even amber knobs like bagman said.  :kewlpics:

Clewnii, about the staggared locking tuners you needed:  I don't want to make assumptions about the Schaller tuners you have, but I have two sets, one specified as staggared and one set that wasn't specified as staggared, and when I looked closely I reallized they were both intentical other than one having a set screw and the other having tabs.  The height difference wasn't obvious to me at first because the posts were the all same height, just the eye was lower on three of six.  If this isn't the case, then nevermind. :-\

Death by Uberschall said:
On that one, loose the white. Black or chrome would be my suggestion.

Thanks for the feedback, its appreciated.
But, b, b, but, but, but.. I'm starting to like it hehehe.  :toothy12:

I'd like to see what she'd look like dressed up in black but I'll keep it white for a while, the reason being pure cheapness on my part :D

At one point I was considering a G&L PTB tone circuit using a dual stacked pot, but i couldnt find one with the correct resistances needed (and im not (yet) knowledgeable enough with electronics to modify the circuit). I may still do this and then I have no other choise than going black/chrome.

Firebird said:
Clewnii, about the staggared locking tuners you needed:  I don't want to make assumptions about the Schaller tuners you have, but I have two sets, one specified as staggared and one set that wasn't specified as staggared, and when I looked closely I reallized they were both intentical other than one having a set screw and the other having tabs.  The height difference wasn't obvious to me at first because the posts were the all same height, just the eye was lower on three of six.  If this isn't the case, then nevermind. :-\

You know what, after closer inspection, the eyes on the ones i have are so low (on all of them) that I dont think they could go any lower (?) These are the tuners that W sells.
Maybe Im ok, in any case I no longer think sperzels would help (GOOD, less money spent =) ).

Back