The Wheels are in motion! The trigger pulled! [new PICTURES added]

clewnii

Finally! Ive been fooling around with the body builders for what seems like an eternity and yesterday I HAD ENOUGH and pulled the trigger so I could get some sleep!  ;-)

Its going to be a Mahogany Soloist body, with a Quilt Maple top. Jungle Burst and transparant green back.  HSH woodmount, 720 mod,  yadda yadda.

W. Pro Wizard neck, Pau Ferro with Kingwood fretboard, no inlays. + a little twist with a über cool Reverse WARHEAD headstock.

Pickups will be Suhr SSH+ (B), FL, SSV (N). If I can find them with chrome covers in stock somewere =)

+ super switch and all that kind of stuff, for some nice switching options.

I CANT WAIT!  Allready.

thats awesome! was the warhead headstock listed in the neck builder or did you have to custom order? i wanted one and was told it would be an upcharge. sounds like a great project!

JaySwear said:
thats awesome! was the warhead headstock listed in the neck builder or did you have to custom order? i wanted one and was told it would be an upcharge. sounds like a great project!

No, it was not listed in the neck builder and Yes, 45$ upcharge. But it'll be worth it.

Wow, that neck is going to be something else. Make sure to post lots and lots of photos!

So, here I am, WAITING =)

Ordered knobs, pots and switches from Banzai.de , turns out they were out of the pots i wanted so they're on backorder and now the package with the other stuff seems to be stuck in traffic somewere, heh, I cant even track it.

Pickups ordered from another place, they were out of the neck pickups so, backorder..

Still have some stuff to order and as a bonus The US is tightening the "Security" screws on basically everything, hope my body and neck make it out of there without delay when they're done.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8t2dJZRRW0[/youtube]

OMG

omg omg omg.

I got something in the mail today and it looks GOOD.

I was starting to get second thoughts about my choice of finish, but let me tell you. This Jungle Burst looks sooo flippin good, I ended up just staring at it for I dont know how long.
Gorgeous piece of work! I have some photos, but itll take a little while before I get them online ok(?)

It took 2 months to build and 8-9 days to deliver from the US to Sweden via USPS, perfect! Couldnt be happier, now lets hope that I dont screw anything up =)

Im still waiting for my pickups and I need to get some tools before I can put it all together properly, patience!

Happy day, eh? LOL! Few things are quite as satisfying as opening a box from Warmoth. I'm happy for you. Been a while though. You started this thread in October. Is it January there, too? <grin> Good things take time, though.

Death by Uberschall said:
We
Must
Have
Pics!!!!
Agreed....
worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

DangerousR6 said:
We
Must
Have
Pics!!!!
Agreed....

+1, I'm psyched to hear your take on the pau-f neck. didn't know W did them until recently, and now I'm considering going for that over Canary.

Here's a Q: why doesn't W make a soloist body that works with their 7/8 24 fret necks? seems like that would be popular?

B3Guy said:
DangerousR6 said:
We
Must
Have
Pics!!!!
Agreed....

+1, I'm psyched to hear your take on the pau-f neck. didn't know W did them until recently, and now I'm considering going for that over Canary.

Here's a Q: why doesn't W make a soloist body that works with their 7/8 24 fret necks? seems like that would be popular?
I may be wrong, but I think the Soloist body is scaled down in size compared to a Strat. But either way, the conversion neck will work on the Soloist without any mods. But not with 24 frets.

DangerousR6 said:
We
Must
Have
Pics!!!!
Agreed....

+2.........Pix please, this sounds like a great looking guitar! It deserves to be photographed and posted up on the forum.. :icon_thumright:

B3Guy said:
DangerousR6 said:
We
Must
Have
Pics!!!!
Agreed....

I may be wrong, but I think the Soloist body is scaled down in size compared to a Strat. But either way, the conversion neck will work on the Soloist without any mods. But not with 24 frets.

yeah, I realize a conversion neck will give you the other SCALE LENGTH,  . . . . OR . . . . a fretboard extension will give you 24 FRETS, but you can't have both at once, unless they gave the option to route the bridge and pups to accommodate the 7/8 necks. It just seems like an Ibanez-type guitar body to me, and those have gibson scale necks and 24 frets, if I remember correctly.

I know I am going with a 7/8 S guitar when I jump on a build, for the scale length and extra frets/fret access.

Back