The sweetest Tele...

G

guitlouie

At least it's going to be.  I am totally freaking out!  Received the Tobacco Burst Black Korina Thinline and Goncalo Alves with Pau Ferro neck today.  They are even better in person.  The body is way less orange than in any of the showcase pics, or even than in my own crappy pics.  The neck has lots of cool striping that doesn't show up real great in the pics either.  Had it routed for P-90 neck, Humbucker bridge.  It's going to get the Lollar P-90 and the Rio Texas Humbucker.  Well, I gots some work to do!  I have got to Tung Oil this neck, and with the drying times that I am going to allow, it will be a little bit before she is complete.  I'll try to get some natural light pics up soon....whooo-hoooooooo!

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\DSC00463.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\DSC00464.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\DSC00467.JPG

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\DSC00468.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00468.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 246
oh nooo, fix the links! quick! :)
I can't wait to see them... I ordered a goncalo neck myself today, and am extremely excited!! :)

I'm trying, let's try this....

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\Copy of DSC00463.JPG

Attachments

• Copy of DSC00463.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 260
Here's some more....

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\DSC00464.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00462.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 243
I don't know why I suck at this...

C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\DSC00462.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00467.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 221
Hot!!! Wow I'm getting excited over here. Guitlouie, btw, I LOVE the lollar in my walnut thinline - I swapped out the rio grande jazzbar and put in the lollar stock neck wind p90 last week. It's super balanced, tons of character, exactly nailed the sound I wanted. I'm sure you'll love it too.

Thanks, guys, I'm a proud Pappa!  I really can't wait to get this thing up and rockin, but I am forcing myself to take my time.  In answer to Jack's question, I went with all black hardware, and I got two pickguards, just in case.  One is Tortoiseshell, and looking at it all right here I think that is what I am going to go with, but I got a black one just in case the Tortoise looked funky.  I nearly had a change of heart when I was at the woodworking shop today,  I almost went for Watco's Danish Oil because Jack talks about how great that stuff is, and it seemed like the drying time would be faster.  In the end though, -CB-'s disembodied typing flashed through my head chanting "Pure Tung Oil,  Pure Tung Oil, Pure Tung Oil",  so guess what I got...Pure Tung Oil.  As soon as I applied the first coat (cut with denatured alcohol and applied inhumanly thin) I knew I was on to something!  The Goncalo darkened slightly and the stripys started to stand out!  It looks bad-ass!  Of course I hung it up immediately away from kids and dogs to dry for a week, or as long as I can stand it!  I'm going to take the kids outside and run them till they are half-dead so they'll go to bed early,  and so I can get to some wiring! 

Sweet!  :icon_biggrin:
You have 10 min to finish it, take pictures, record some play and show us!  :laughing7:

Oh, man,  I'm workin on it!  Meantime, here are some fretboard pics and a few post-Tung oil, first coat.  Sorry I am not much of a photographer.

Attachments

• DSC00492.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 196
C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\DSC00487.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00487.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 178
Great Neck, Great Body!!
how does the Goncalo feel? :icon_biggrin: are you sure you want that finished?

Hee-Hee!  I knew that was going to come up!  I do love the way the Goncalo feels raw,  but I think the Tung oil will keep me from grubbing it up, and even with the oil finish, it retains much of the feel.  I wanted to slightly darken it as well, and the oil seems to really bring out the contrast of the dark streaks!  You can all begin calling me a heretic any time you want, but I'm going ahead with it.  But  I will say for anyone who does want a Goncalo neck and does want to keep it raw, this thing felt great right out of the box.

Back