The stupidest #1 Hollywood blockbuster ever?

The stupidest #1 Hollywood blockbuster ever?

Err - Armageddon? Pearl effing Harbour?! Granted I haven't seen District 9 yet, but there's no way it can compare to the horrors of those two films.

Xplorervoodoo said:
I think Hollywood movies are a lot like pop music.

If you want gold, you have to search for it yourself, not wait for it to be handed to you.

Last good movie I watched was "The Believer" and it was a Sundance Film Festival award winner.  Don't remember seeing it advertised on the big screen or anything though...

The Ryan Gosling/Billy Zane movie?  Saw it.  Didn't understand it.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Xplorervoodoo said:
I think Hollywood movies are a lot like pop music.

If you want gold, you have to search for it yourself, not wait for it to be handed to you.

Last good movie I watched was "The Believer" and it was a Sundance Film Festival award winner.  Don't remember seeing it advertised on the big screen or anything though...

The Ryan Gosling/Billy Zane movie?  Saw it.  Didn't understand it.

That's the one.  What's not to understand?  A self-hating jew/neo-nazi struggling with his former and current beliefs.  If I remember correctly, they based it on a real person...

Xplorervoodoo said:
That's the one.  What's not to understand?  A self-hating jew/neo-nazi struggling with his former and current beliefs. 

That statement there, why would a jew be a neo/nazi?

Xplorervoodoo said:
If I remember correctly, they based it on a real person...

Supposedly Hitler had Jewish ancestry.  Is that the person?

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Xplorervoodoo said:
That's the one.  What's not to understand?  A self-hating jew/neo-nazi struggling with his former and current beliefs. 

That statement there, why would a jew be a neo/nazi?

Xplorervoodoo said:
If I remember correctly, they based it on a real person...

Supposedly Hitler had Jewish ancestry.  Is that the person?

Nope, according to the Wiki page, it was based on this guy:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Burros

Not really much relevance to the topic here, but I just saw Inglorious Basterds.

Superb. I mean seeing Hitler's face being shot into nothing more than chunks and to see Brad Pitt carve a Swastika into a few mans heads is pretty darn good. 

Independence Day.  Aliens are blowing up cities.  And Will Smith knows exactly where to land his Helicopter, in the middle of all the destruction, so he can emerge from fog and bright lights to embrace his stripper girlfriend in dramatic fashion.  Insultingly stupid.

Vol. Knob said:
Independence Day.  Aliens are blowing up cities.  And Will Smith knows exactly where to land his Helicopter, in the middle of all the destruction, so he can emerge from fog and bright lights to embrace his stripper girlfriend in dramatic fashion.  Insultingly stupid.

(Will Smith punches alien dude)
"We'come to Earf."

Terrible movie. The fourth Indiana Jones isn't great either. Survivng an atomic detonation in a refigerator? Please. And the end is just dumb.

I try not to go see crappy movies. 

I will say though, Up was amazing.  Pixar is a great thing.

Wana's made a guitar said:
Not really much relevance to the topic here, but I just saw Inglorious Basterds.

Superb. I mean seeing Hitler's face being shot into nothing more than chunks and to see Brad Pitt carve a Swastika into a few mans heads is pretty darn good.  
Imma go se it this weekend.....The trailers are awesome....

"We in the gnatz-ee killn' bin'ess, and cousin' bizness is aboooomin'"...I love that line.... :icon_biggrin:
[youtube=425,350]ELXX6k2AGtA&feature=related[/youtube]

DangerousR6 said:
Wana's made a guitar said:

Imma go se it this weekend.....The trailers are awesome....

"We in the gnatz-ee killn' bin'ess, and cousin' bizness is aboooomin'"...I love that line.... :icon_biggrin:
[youtube=425,350]ELXX6k2AGtA&feature=related[/youtube]

I'm going to see it tomorrow afternoon. I love Tarantino's movies so, I'm pretty excited.

i saw inglorious basterds thinking there was going to be alot of brad pitt being hilarious and guns would be ablazing... there is that... but a completely lopsided amount of dialogue. overall it was good, just not what i expected. thank god for pirating!

smavridis said:
i saw inglorious basterds thinking there was going to be alot of brad pitt being hilarious and guns would be ablazing... there is that... but a completely lopsided amount of dialogue. overall it was good, just not what i expected. thank god for pirating!

How do you not expect excessive amounts of dialog in a Quentin Tarantino movie?  :icon_scratch:

Xplorervoodoo said:
smavridis said:

How do you not expect excessive amounts of dialog in a Quentin Tarantino movie?   :icon_scratch:

lol i know but the trailers looked so promising!

Luckily I saw Inglourious Basterds already, but the poster who described hitler's face being shot off and such didn't really keep any secrets. I also had to avoid a couple posts about District 9.

I'm just saying, you guys might want to restrict discussions to stuff that isn't currently in theatres. Most other boards I'm on would consider that a pretty serious dick move without adding "spoiler warning" to the title.

Back