The Roundcaster

ramonet

This is the first body I made from scratch, long time ago. It's made in hard rock maple because the intention was to build the cleanest guitar ever, with a very detailed note definition, that's the reason to use this heavyweight wood. As you can see in the pics, there are no square edges, al the corners are roudend. that the reason for it's name: Roundcaster.
The pickups are a set of EMG TC ceramic in white (I choose this colur because not so many people does...)
The bridge it's a discontinued model from ABM, a flatmount unit with a vibrato "a la Bigsby". It's not a Top 10 in stability when you use the vibrato but it's really cool...
One thing about the body: it was all cutted by hand, using a hand saw, elbow grease and a lot of patience. Take note that every corner was made doing tangent cuts so one 90º turn needs at least 4 cuts.
The rest: files and a lot of sandpapers.
I think the result it's really cool.
When the body was final shaped I sent to a local luthier (Dionis, here in Barcelona -Spain) to do the routing, finishing and asembly. The colour we call it: coffe and milk candy, because here in Spain there are a kind of sweet called this way.
Enjoy it and tell me what do you think. Check also my second build: The Enhendrix in the Strat section.

The neck has a birdseye maple fingerboard over birdseye maple; a beauty that also improve the note definition.

I like this one too! Looks like what would happen if someone decided to make an extremely comfy tele.

That's exactly what it is.  The two aspects to cover with this build were: clean note definition and maximum confort. Note that as the wood is hard rock maple (a really heavyweight) all the wood that's removed lowers a bit the weight. Although, it weights more than an LP!!!

I really like it!! Great work!

ramonet said:
When the body was final shaped I sent to a local luthier (Dionis, here in Barcelona -Spain) to do the routing, finishing and asembly.

haha, we usually do it the other way around here ;)

That really looks sweet! There are things about it I don't normally like, but it comes together so well, everything looks perfect together. Like, gold hardware and white pickups. Coffee and Cream Candy indeed.

mmmm . . . makes me crave some ice cream with butterscotch syrup.  :glasses9: very cool. very . . . smoooooooooth.

MattPurland said:
If Satriani had Ibanez make a Tele, it would look like this!

My first thought was a Tele version of the Ibanez "S" model, but you're probably closer with the Satch look. Great execution... I might have to have you make me a body someday!  :headbang:

Panthur said:
Looks like a well sucked lozenge. I like it  :icon_biggrin:
haha. i was gonna say it looks like a chocolate bar that got a little too warm on a summer day

Back