The most dorky guitar I've ever seen.

hannaugh

Master Member
It reminds me of a prop one would build to go with their over the top Alice Cooper Halloween costume.  http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/graveyard-disciple-819/

when i saw this all i could think was "poor epiphone..."

this is one of the reasons nobody takes the epiphone name seriously. they could make the undeniably greatest guitars in the world, but if they have to produce something like this they'll still be laughed at. if gibson won't even think about putting their own name on the headstock it must be bad.

poor epiphone...

I work with a guy who will buy anything with Zakk's name on it,  I imagine next week he will tell me how much he loves this thing.

It's not even a Zakk Wylde original...

Al Jourgensen has been using coffin-shaped shecters for years.

But yeah, I agree with everything said so far.

Zakk Wylde has chops, there's no question there, but he is just trying waaaaaaay to hard to "metal". He, Kerry King and the like are just really fricken' annoyinG.

:headbang1: METAAAALLLLLL!!! :headbang1:

NonsenseTele said:
ZW is lost, unfortunatelly... I understand why Ozzy don't want him in the band anymore...

as much as I like some of his work with Ozzy, I have to agree..
I lasted way too long.. + I enjoy listening to Jake E Lee and (obviously)Randy much more.

Mark O said:
as much as I like some of his work with Ozzy, I have to agree..
I lasted way too long.. + I enjoy listening to Jake E Lee and (obviously)Randy much more.

I'm (or was) a big fan of him, but damn he's making the same solo in all musics for YEARS, plus he's completely full of him... So, time to go :laughing7:

Epiphone also made this, which could (or not) be a huge steal: http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-Epiphone-Elitist-Les-Paul-Standard-Electric-Guitar_W0QQitemZ160356916004QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2556045b24&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Certainly one of the nicest looking basic pauls I've seen.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
I'm a ZW fan.  Other than drinking enough beer to float a battleship, he's supposedly never been into drugs.  I have to wonder now.

:laughing7:

NonsenseTele said:
I'm (or was) a big fan of him, but damn he's making the same solo in all musics for YEARS, plus he's completely full of him... So, time to go :laughing7:

This is true, but no matter how awesome or versatile a guitar player is, they all have their fallback bag of tricks.  Their tone (or lack of) and their licks make them identifiable.  Also, since the age of 19, he has not taken a break.  He has toured or recorded ever since, and remained relavent for 20 years.  Who elsecan you say that about?  Not U2, Metallica, ZZ Top, Springstein, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Paul McCartney.  Nobody.  The BLS stuff just kind of happened because Ozzy didn't want to use those songs, or Ozzy didn't want to record or tour.  Kudos to ZW for being his own man and not being a lapdog dependent on someone else to write his check. 

You wouldn't DARE put a Les Paul truss rod cover on it, would you, lol!  :laughing8: :evil4:

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
NonsenseTele said:

This is true, but no matter how awesome or versatile a guitar player is, they all have their fallback bag of tricks.  Their tone (or lack of) and their licks make them identifiable.  Also, since the age of 19, he has not taken a break.  He has toured or recorded ever since, and remained relavent for 20 years.  Who elsecan you say that about?  Not U2, Metallica, ZZ Top, Springstein, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Paul McCartney.  Nobody.  The BLS stuff just kind of happened because Ozzy didn't want to use those songs, or Ozzy didn't want to record or tour.  Kudos to ZW for being his own man and not being a lapdog dependent on someone else to write his check. 

He don't need to do a whole american tour AND CD for year, I'm sure... When I said the same solo is literal... It's always the same 5 licks... Unfortunatelly, he was one of the best to me... Now that he got kicked and don't seems to be for short time, he should take a holiday of months before come back to new CD and tour...

As a long time metal head, I am in total dissagreement to Super Turbo Deluxe Custom. I am not making a personal attack, but Zakks "relevance" is WAY overstated.

He's good and all, but there are more important factors. You may have considered them already, and if so, I apologize. Everyone is allowed their preference, of course.
Considering how long he's been playing:
1. How influential has he been?
2. How widespread has that influence been?
3. What is his place in the larger music scene outside of metal?

Several of the other acts that were mentioned were the originators of one or more trends that had much farther reach and more lasting impact. Furthermore, they have earned respect of musicians and the general public in areas outside of their respective scenes.

BTW yeah as a prev. poster stated, coffin guitars are OLD news. Makes me worry about his choices.
Similar to that dorky 'Iron Cross' Het is playing instead of his sweet LP custom.
Even the best make stupid choices.

Back