The Magentalist

dwiller said:
HI Marco78

The body was finished by Warmoth, in a non-standard finish called Magenta burst.    I have only seen two or three others done in that finish and I have liked all of them.    The neck was finished by Doug who makes Soulmate Necks.   

Thanks for the kind words on the guitar.

DW

Now I have understand that you are the owner of the beautiful guitar that you have in the avatar!! Good taste for the guitar.

Does Warmoth use too a not-standard finish?

Beautiful! I love that neck and the magenta finish. How much does a Soulmate neck like that set you back? I glanced at their prices and they seem tempting. :dontknow: Do their options compare to Warmoth as far as neck profile and radius?

WHOA  :eek:

I was not expecting such an awesome guitar! I am not normally a fan of "magenta" but maybe the color I think of isn't right.

Soulmate necks are pretty reasonable.  He doesn't have compound radius options, and he does all the contouring by hand, whereas Warmoth likely has CNC programs to develop and do the cutting of various radii etc.  I also don't think he is offering stainless frets yet, but its worth checking.    I am really happy with the product and the service and the price is good too.    Its a really nice piece of work.    Its nice to support small business and it was something I couldn't get from Warmoth.

Dave

I keep coming back to look at this thing. It's almost hard to believe its a real guitar and not a concept piece for some company's website or something... Great top.

I play this guitar more and more these days.  It is loaded with a BKP Aftermath bridge humbucker and at first I really didn't like it.  It was almost too defined, but now when I go back to some of my other guitars they are just noisy and sound like shite.  The soulmate neck profile is a little more wood than I am used to (coming from original Ibanez Wizard necks etc.), but I am really attached to this thing now.  I made a mistake putting the neck pup on a 250 pot, so that needs to change, but other than that, I love this thing.

Dave

Back