The Jigawatt

Mr Real Nice

Here it is.  After months of planning, painting, building, soldering, and occasional swearing, it's all done.  I realize most people on this board enjoy the natural wood look more, but I love the way it came out and I am completely happy with it.  I tried taking the best pics I could, but still somehow the metallic doesn't show great in the pics.  It looks really nice in person, as does the neckplate which looks kinda bad in the pic.

HPIM2884.jpg

HPIM2883.jpg

HPIM2880.jpg

HPIM2878.jpg

HPIM2876.jpg

Specs:

Body:

Solid mahogany routed for 3 humbuckers (maybe I'll add another at some point)
Painted Bright Lime Metallic by Dupont Chromabase (poly)

Neck:

Mahogany neck/pau ferro fretboard
'59 Roundback
Warhead Headstock
Abalone Inlay
SS 6105 Frets

Electronix:

Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates Plus in Bridge, SD SH-1N '59 RP in Neck - These are the same pickups found in Fender's Telecaster Custom FMT

Misc:

Gotoh hardtail bridge (string through body)
Schaller mini-tuners & strap locks
Earvana Nut

Let me know what you think!  Negative comments are welcome as well!  :blob7:

isn't that a flux capicator on the neck plate?  Nice guitar I like the gold finish

Very, very cool, except that's it's backwards.  The neckplate is brilliant!  :icon_thumright:

I like it - electric guitars should have paint jobs like that.  :icon_thumright:

Very Cool!
I am a little disappointed that it doesn't look like my grandma's coffee table, but still... very cool!! ;)

Oh yeah.  I almost forgot; I wanted to thank everyone on this board that helped me throughout the process of building this (my first) guitar.  I couldn't have done it without you.  :eek:ccasion14: 

Very nice, Mr. Real Nice. I like most are partial to the natural look of exotic woods, but i'm also a HUGE fan of the gold sparkle. Don't know why but I am, I especially like the big gold flake ones, verrrrrry sparkley.... :icon_thumright:

Was the neck plate etched or sandblasted? :icon_scratch: Very cool touch BTW... :icon_thumright:

Back