The Graceshredder V in Progress III - the body (con't).

graceshredder

All right - Saturday.  I was able to complete the soldering of the Triple Shot mounting rings.  These are really cool.  You wire the pick-up's output wires to the small circuit board attached to the TS. (Which you stick to the underside of the pick-up)  The TS then has a three conductor wire that runs to your control cavity. If you look closely at the bottom right of photo #4  and focus on the pick-up mounting ring (the Triple Shot) you can see the two little slide switches that control the pick-up's configuration.  With the P-Rails, I'll have my choice of a series humbucker, a parallel humbucker, a P-90 single coil, or a rail single coil from each pick-up. 
Next, I pressed in the bridge posts using the same set-up as I used for the ferrules.  Again, it worked very well.  However, after I had pressed them in I realized that, in a fit of total cranial/rectal inversion, I had forgotten the ground wire!!  :doh:  Talk about an instant case of the screaming red ass!  So I had to carefully pry the post back out and install the ground . . . moron!  But, in the end, no blood - no foul.  It turned out fine.
It was time to install the pick-ups and I remembered that fateful sentence my great grandmother told me as a child.  She said: "If anybody in this family dares to drill holes in the face of a quilt maple flying V  without protecting the finish against chips and scratches, then they're gonna get a napalm enema!"  :toothy11: So, seriously wanting to avoid a case of the flaming bunghole, I carefully masked off the areas where I would be drilling.  I lined up the mounting rings with a straight edge and carefully drilled the 8 mounting holes with the drill bit taped for depth control.  Whew!!  No chips . . . no scratches . . . thanks, great grandma!
Today, Sunday, I'll endeavor to complete the build . . . we'll see! :)

Attachments

• Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 84
Back