The Graceshredder V - Done!!

graceshredder

Well, Sunday was a tiring day.  :tard: Lots of concentration goes into wiring a guitar.  As you can see in the photo, I basically wired the Triple Shots into one volume, two tones, and a three-way toggle.  Simple, but the TS device really expands the capabilities.  I put the neck on and used the upper neck screw to anchor the Dunlop Strap-lock.  The head of the screw needed to be altered to fit the hole in the strap lock, but no biggie. 
The finished product was everything I had envisioned.  I hope you have enjoyed following its build.  I sure have enjoyed sharing with my fellow brother and sister guitarists!  You folks rock!!  :headbang:

Attachments

• Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 262
I was never sure how I felt about the celtic cross inlays until just now - they look really cool on this guitar.  It's a beauty from headstock to v.  Great job!

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Great aesthetics!  Very nice build.  What kind of shielding tape is that?  Aluminum foil?

Super Turbo - The tape is a product called "Reflectix" multi-purpose foil tape.  I buy it at Ace Hardware.  It is super easy to work with and shields like nobody's business.  :laughing7:

:redflag:  To all:  Thanks for the kind comments!  The Graceshredder V turned out to be visually stunning.  That black-bound maple neck with the Celtic Crosses is really an eye grabber,  The P-Rail/Triple Shot combo works like a dream.  The humbucker sections of the pick-ups scream and sustain forever.  The single coils are bright and clear.  I couldn't have asked for more. As with most all Vs, you have to play it while wearing a strap, even sitting down.  Unless you put it between your legs like a classical.  But it's a small price to pay. Here's another pic.

Attachments

• DSC00877.JPG
    DSC00877.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 137
Sooper Kool.  :glasses9:
Nice build...very classy! Sleek.

How do you like the recessed TOM?

MUYFUE said:
Sooper Kool.   :glasses9:
Nice build...very classy! Sleek.

How do you like the recessed TOM?
Muyfue,
Thanks for the comments!  The recessed TOM works very well.  The playability is fabulous and the intonation is spot-on. I guess I couldn't ask for much more than that.  The more I play this guitar, the more it appeals to me.  I'm still blown away by the versatility of the Triple Shot/P-Rails combo. And, I'm VERY surprised at how comfortable the V is playing it with a strap . . . even while sitting.

Thanks Firebird!  This weekend will be its 'trial-by-fire'.  We expect about 1,500 - 1,800 people.  "C'mon V, don't let me down!"

Also, that strat is simply stunning.  :icon_thumright:  And I can quit chuckling over that damn piece of cat fur!

For some reason he wanted to be in the shot, jumped right on the couch, and I'm like NO, NO, Down, Down, go, get , get out of here the whole time I'm taking pictures :laughing7:  This month's GOTM is insane, I thought it was tough as it was, but a whole handful of competition came in right at the same time I did, and possibly more to come.  Whoever wins the thing aught to feel very special, indeed.

Back