The good old days (about 2 months ago)

M

misplacedsanity

Any other Brits on here feeling the credit crunch as the pound plummets against the dollar?
Every time I check the exchange rate it's gone down and down and down. I'm gagging to
order a carved top soloist, but I don't know whether to hold out and hope that the rates start
to raise or get in there quick before they hit rock bottom. As if it wasn't hard enough to decide
on what to get, now it's not just a question of which fingerboard wood to choose, I've also got
to circumnavigate the world economy. I know it might sound insensitive as some people are
loosing there jobs/houses/banks/will to live, but screw that, I want a Pensa replica.   

On that time, my currency got about US$1 = R$1,6... Now it's R$2,269... And £1 = R$3,37 by now...

Sad  :sad:

The Canadian dollar is back down to .82 USD.  That means the Radical Red Reverberator is getting cheap!  :)  I knew this financial crisis would have a silver lining... nobody has any dollars any more, so the ones I already have are worth a lot.  :D

dbw said:
The Canadian dollar is back down to .82 USD.  That means the Radical Red Reverberator is getting cheap!  :)  I knew this financial crisis would have a silver lining... nobody has any dollars any more, so the ones I already have are worth a lot.  :D

Ryan stopped selling his Dr. Scientist pedals directly through his website about a month ago, now you have to go through one of the retailers.  You still might find a cheaper Canadian seller, but most of them are in the U.S.

Yes but you have sunshine, surfing, ACDC and the Mad Max movies. We have drizzle, sleet, Madonna and (Nope, nothings going to top Madonna) I know where I'd rather be.

Please don't remind me - I put in my order for the thunderbird when the Canadian dollar was above the US greenback.
I wish they'd have charged me when I placed the order, not when they (eventually) will ship it.

It's not looking so cheap at the moment.

misplacedsanity said:
Yes but you have sunshine, surfing, ACDC and the Mad Max movies. We have drizzle, sleet, Madonna and (Nope, nothings going to top Madonna) I know where I'd rather be.
We should swap lives for a while, I don't like Madonna, but I sure so like drizzle and rain. It just started to get hot here, so prepare for heatstroke pommies! :laughing7:.

Back