the F?

Volitions Advocate

found this on a random google search.
wtf?
pat-methenys-pikasso-i-custom-guitar.jpg

Well, it's really weird and scarry, but there are some people who can manage to play it and make it look simple to play... Makes me feel like poo :sad1: An amazed poo by the music, but still a poo... :laughing7:

Pat Metheny's "Pikasso" guitar, proving that sometimes, innovation is stupid

All guitars can play B#

edit - except for those dumb backward ones that can only play #B

I think it was meant to be a piece of modern art rather than an actual instrument.  Until someone decided to play it.

Hey!  That's the Linda Manzer Pikasso guitar.

Linda is a great luther from toronto.  She's built a lot of guitars for Pat, as well as for many other folks.  The Pikasso was commissioned by Pat, and apparently he just said something like "Put as many strings as possible on it".  I think Linda made two of them.

I've held one of her guitars.  I wish that I was a good enough musician to feel that I deserved one.  :headbang:

mayfly said:

Linda is a great luther from toronto.  She's built a lot of guitars for Pat, as well as for many other folks.  The Pikasso was commissioned by Pat, and apparently he just said something like "Put as many strings as possible on it".  I think Linda made two of them.

I've held one of her guitars.  I wish that I was a good enough musician to feel that I deserved one.   :headbang:

Yes, there are two of them.  One is owned by Metheny, the other is E/A (I wonder how many pickups) and is owned by some guy who wishes he was Pat Metheny.

That's weird - maybe it's modified.

http://www.manzer.com/guitars/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=25&Itemid=24

It's there on the builder's site - but in the video the missing headstock must have something there to hold the strings and tune - but it seems like the angle is greater and maybe it's shorter. I can't find anything out about it.

mayfly said:

:icon_thumright:

EXCESSIVE

Seriously, could it even be THAT hard to play?

*hammers on and off diatonicly on one neck while plucking open arpeggios on another*  :guitaristgif:

I won't consider it art because it seems like it would impede functionality

hannaugh said:
imminentG said:
I won't consider it art because it seems like it would impede functionality

...since when does art have to be functional? 
True there.  The understanding of artists like Marcel Duchamp is one of the things I took with me out of Art History class.

Functionality only has something to do with it {for me} when we're talking about an instrument!

:help:

Back