The "Blood Stain" Tele

alexreinhold

Build thread link: https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=33831.0

Specifications:

Non-Chambered Warmoth HH Telecaster Replacement body
- Mahogany core, Swamp Ash top
- owner-finished (wire-brush Ceruse method) with Talens India Ink, Silver glaze, Chestnut Sanding Sealer and Tru-Oil, TRVE logo with Fluids Alcohol Ink “Bloody Mary”

Unfinished Warmoth Telecaster Replacement neck
- Shaft wood: Wenge
- Fretboard wood: Ebony
- Scale: Gibson scale conversion (24 3/4)
- Standard thin, 12-16” compound radius
- Frets: 6115 stainless steel, 22 frets
- Inlays: Bloody Basin Jasper[/list]

Hardware:
- Bridge: Hipshot Contour
- Tuners: Sperzel EZ Mount
- Pickups: EMG 81 bridge, EMG 60 neck
- Pots: 1 Volume, 1 Tone
- Neck plate: custom laser-engraved from TLC Guitar Goods (Netherlands)
- Active Pickup Power Supply: double-battery box
- Knobs: Xentric Autumn Pearl dome knobs
- Ferrules: Forney Custom Colorbrite
- Battery Indicator: GuitarElectronics Lo-Bat Indicator

Wiring: 3-way HH, 18V Mod, Battery Indicator LED light
1. Bridge
2. Bridge and Neck
3. Neck

Photos:

Blood-Stain-Front-1.png

Blood-Stain-Front-2.png

Blood-Stain-Back-1.png

Blood-Stain-Back-2.png

Look close - it's TRVE:
Blood-Stain-TRVE.png

Blood-Stain-Headstock.png

wow!  that looks great.  Too bad about the tuners - watch those custom buttons!

:headbang:

Mayfly said:
wow!  that looks great.  Too bad about the tuners - watch those custom buttons!

:headbang:

Thanks a lot Mayfly. Turns out sperzel will actually send a new tuner. Until then the super glue must hold haha

Congrats. It's hard to pull off the cerused finish (the pro finish shop that did mine recently had a few issues with it).

DrSeb said:
Congrats. It's hard to pull off the cerused finish (the pro finish shop that did mine recently had a few issues with it).

Thanks Seb. I think it was actually one of your builds that made me aware of how cool a doghair can look like (you had it on a mahogany back, right?). I learned quite a bit throughout the process - e.g. a) there are several ways to skin this cat, b) one is using several different products and the slightest incompatibility can ruin everything (and in my case most tutorials were from the US and we have very different brands for finishing products in the EU), c) it appears to really only work with very open pore woods like ash, oak or mahogany - my Zebrano experiment failed badly.

Here's an insight into all my trials/errors:

IMG-20220119-211723.jpg

Awesome job! And the finish test pieces kind of look like trendy modern art pieces; you should hang them on the wall lol

alexreinhold said:
ragamuffin said:
Awesome job! And the finish test pieces kind of look like trendy modern art pieces; you should hang them on the wall lol

lol true. Hipster art galore

Nice to see your process! Some of my tests have lived on to become coasters etc :), one of course was my pedalboard.

Just when I thought my tele build was my favorite tele build...I come across this one. Crap. Now I have to build another one. Digging the style. Not an emg guy, but love everything else. Very cool work. Minimalist and to the point.

Wow, this Warmoth HH Telecaster is absolutely stunning! The combination of the non-chambered Mahogany core and Swamp Ash top gives it a unique and appealing look. The owner's wire-brush Ceruse finish with Talens India Ink, Silver glaze, Chestnut Sanding Sealer, and Tru-Oil has created a truly impressive aesthetic, especially with the TRVE logo and Fluids Alcohol Ink "Bloody Mary" details. The unfinished Wenge neck on wall with an Ebony fretboard and the Gibson scale conversion add to the overall allure. The choice of EMG 81 and EMG 60 pickups, along with the Hipshot Contour bridge and Sperzel EZ Mount tuners, ensures excellent sound quality and tuning stability. The 3-way HH wiring with the 18V mod and battery indicator LED light further enhance the versatility and functionality of this guitar.

Back