The bird has landed. I repeat. The bird has landed.

RockStarNick

I can not believe my eyes. This body looks SO badass.

This:

web.jpg

+ this:

web.jpg

Will soon equal this:

web.png

That's hideous.  You should box it up and send it to San Francisco where it can be disposed of properly.  You don't have to thank me.  It's a charitable service I am happy to perform.

Bagman

I think it looks awesome except for that pink sticker. If it was me, I'd lose it, looks like an after thought  :icon_thumright:

I didn't even realize the original picture was a mockup and not the real deal

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ALsvU50wQ[/youtube]

Indeed.

Now that, THAT'S a Guitar!!! lol
As a fellow Firebird enthusiast,
a) congrats, way to stand out and
b) ROCK ON
Cheers,
Floyd

Panthur, I like where your going with the pink sticker, but I'd sleep on it for a night or two, and maybe leave it, maybe a blue sticker would look awesome.

Everything behind the sticker looks good, gotta love white guitars.

I'm REALLY not happy about this...

... seriously, Warmoth.

No one bothered to measure this before programming it into the CNC machine? Nor did anyone give a warning on the website that "normal" sized knobs won't fit?

web.jpg

RockStarNick said:
I'm REALLY not happy about this...

... seriously, Warmoth.

No one bothered to measure this before programming it into the CNC machine? Nor did anyone give a warning on the website that "normal" sized knobs won't fit?

web.jpg

I'd give Rob an email.

appears a firebird has the controls a bit lower
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Firebird/Gibson-USA/Firebird-V.aspx

that is the gibson site

Jusatele said:
appears a firebird has the controls a bit lower
http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Firebird/Gibson-USA/Firebird-V.aspx

Yeah, that's pretty obvious.

Looks like Warmoth misjudged something somewhere. Even changing knob styles wouldn't fix that much of an offset. I'm surprised somebody didn't see that in production.

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed.

My only choice now is to use 0.75" wide Chrome Dome knobs... which kinda ruin the aesthetic I was going for.  CRAP!!!  :(

RockStarNick said:
Yeah, I'm pretty bummed.

My only choice now is to use 0.75" wide Chrome Dome knobs... which kinda ruin the aesthetic I was going for.  CRAP!!!  :(

Or, get them to do it right. Comparing the Gibson version to theirs it's obvious they've placed those holes in the wrong place. But, I don't know if they ever made any claim to to authenticity of design. If you look at the bodies in the Showcase, those knobs aren't aligned properly, either. But, those don't have the raised centerline, so nobody would ever notice.

All that said, those smaller diameter knurled knobs are pretty cool. I use them on almost everything. If they'll fit, it might not be such a Bad Thing.

I've just emailed them with a picture, stating the problem. We'll see what the reply is.

My other option, that I just thought of, is "moving" the upper two holes away from the raised center ridge by 1/8".  I'm using washers and nuts to mount the pots, so that would cover the excess gap, not to mention the knob covering all that mess when it goes on.  The remaining "gap" can be filled so that the pot does not shift.

Back