The Arsenal SG

Cletus

Ok gents, here are the stats on this, plus a few pics of the body with some sealer/filler on it.

Body-Black Korina SG
Schroeder stoptail bridge
neck-SD Phat Cat P-90
Bridge pup- would by Ken (Troubled Treble) from Roadhouse, and many thanks to him, it's been an absolute pleasure.
720 mod
Standard controls

Neck- Wenge/Pau Ferro
Warmoth Pro Angled
Nut Width 1 11/16"
Back Contour Standard thin
Fretwire SS6230 (Stainless)
Tuners- Grover rotomatic
Nut- GraphTech Black TUSQ XL
Scale 25-1/2 in.
DSCF1975.jpg

DSCF1985.jpg

DSCF1986.jpg

DSCF1986compress.jpg

DSCF1989.jpg

DSCF1974.jpg

DSCF1964.jpg

DSCF1965.jpg

NonsenseTele said:
Beware! I'm breaking your house tonight to get this baby... :evil4:

It's a long way from Brazil nando!  :glasses9:

And deadly hot here too at the moment. 42 Celsius yesterday.

Just the opposite here, at -5.5C and headed down fast, with 12"+ of snow forecast. Think I'm gonna crank up the furnace a couple degrees, go down in the basement, reload the beer fridge and work on a guitar.

Cagey said:
Just the opposite here, at -5.5C and headed down fast, with 12"+ of snow forecast. Think I'm gonna crank up the furnace a couple degrees, go down in the basement, reload the beer fridge and work on a guitar.

Where's that Cagey?

I really dig this build. Neck is a perfect combo, and the body looks amazing. Really thinking my next build is going to have a black korina body.

Cletus said:
NonsenseTele said:
Beware! I'm breaking your house tonight to get this baby... :evil4:

It's a long way from Brazil nando!  :glasses9:

And deadly hot here too at the moment. 42 Celsius yesterday.

It's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock and roll :laughing7:
But I'll have to ask you to use the air conditioner :toothy12:

Wow this is truly beautiful. that bridge is really a perfect fit for this style. Man...tops! freakin TOPS!

exaN said:
Ok I totally want an SG like that :eek: :eek:

You and me, both. I've always had a soft spot for SGs ever since I got my first Gibson, which was a '61 Melody Maker. First love, and all that. Buddy of mine was reminding me of that little lovely just the other day. He loves to take me and my brothers to task for old gear we've gotten rid of, because he's one of those people who still have the first string they ever plucked. But, the neck was all over the place and there was nothing to be done for that. I'm surprised I never snapped it off. He had an early '70s Firebird that was the same way, and he did snap that one's neck off. Surprised the hell out of him, because he thought it was a neck-through design (they were, originally). He got it fixed, only to snap the headstock off later. And yes, he still has it. Don't know why. But, there's probably some dingbat out there that would give him a pile of money for it if he were to ever put it up for sale.

But, I loved that MM like a puppy, and knew several people at the time who had SGs that were just wonderful instruments. One of these days...

Cagey said:
exaN said:
Ok I totally want an SG like that :eek: :eek:

You and me, both. I've always had a soft spot for SGs ever since I got my first Gibson, which was a '61 Melody Maker. First love, and all that. Buddy of mine was reminding me of that little lovely just the other day. He loves to take me and my brothers to task for old gear we've gotten rid of, because he's one of those people who still have the first string they ever plucked. But, the neck was all over the place and there was nothing to be done for that. I'm surprised I never snapped it off. He had an early '70s Firebird that was the same way, and he did snap that one's neck off. Surprised the hell out of him, because he thought it was a neck-through design (they were, originally). He got it fixed, only to snap the headstock off later. And yes, he still has it. Don't know why. But, there's probably some dingbat out there that would give him a pile of money for it if he were to ever put it up for sale.

But, I loved that MM like a puppy, and knew several people at the time who had SGs that were just wonderful instruments. One of these days...

Hell yea man, I'm currently thinking about my 2nd Warmoth build, would either be an SG, a LPS or a Jazzmaster. I'm leaning more towards the SG though, vintage white :glasses9:.

Back