DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
Blue313 said:
DocNrock said:
dbw said:
DocNrock said:
rockskate4x said:
It won't FIT!? Dang non standard measurements... it looks like a drop in replacement for a standard tuno tailpiece. You sure it won't fit?

I didn't say it didn't fit.  If I used that bridge, I'd have two empty holes where the STP was.  

Look closely, it's not a bridge it's a stopbar.
So it is...interesting.  Hmmmm.   :sign13:
Those are nice.  The TP-6 is a drop in replacement for a Gibson tailpiece.  It works best when not screwed down flush with the body.
too bad it's only offered in chrome and gold... :sad1:

That said, the knobs are gold... :sign13:
It's looking better all the time then...

I may haveto build something with a TOM/STOP just to get one of those.... :headbang1:
not so fast, doug... you could just have warmoth route your next guitar for one of these...http://www.warmoth.com/Schaller-456-6-String-Stud-Mount-Bridge-Chrome-P572C713.aspx

rockskate4x said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
Blue313 said:
DocNrock said:
dbw said:
DocNrock said:
rockskate4x said:
It won't FIT!? Dang non standard measurements... it looks like a drop in replacement for a standard tuno tailpiece. You sure it won't fit?

I didn't say it didn't fit.  If I used that bridge, I'd have two empty holes where the STP was.  

Look closely, it's not a bridge it's a stopbar.
So it is...interesting.  Hmmmm.   :sign13:
Those are nice.  The TP-6 is a drop in replacement for a Gibson tailpiece.  It works best when not screwed down flush with the body.
too bad it's only offered in chrome and gold... :sad1:

That said, the knobs are gold... :sign13:
It's looking better all the time then...

I may haveto build something with a TOM/STOP just to get one of those.... :headbang1:
not so fast, doug... you could just have warmoth route your next guitar for one of these...http://www.warmoth.com/Schaller-456-6-String-Stud-Mount-Bridge-Chrome-P572C713.aspx
Oh yeah, I've wanted to try out a 456 for awhle now. The right project just hasn't come along yet... :headbang1:

DocNrock said:
:icon_biggrin:

So my previous baritone was OK.  The Floyd didn't work so hot.  It needs a fixed bridge.  Its the "Abominable Iceman."  Anyone have a better name?  The bridge pup is a DiMarzio D Sonic, the neck a DiMarzio PAF 36th.
Ice-o-teric, Icesymetric, D-Iced, Icetonic(eye-se-tonic)..... :dontknow:

Alternatively, there's this:

http://www.allparts.com/store/nuts-saddles-tusq-graphite-ebanol-nuts-bn-0624-023,Product.asp

Edit:  just ordered.  Its cheaper than the STP.  :icon_biggrin:

Man I wanted that body when I saw it in the showcase! Im glad they have started making Ice Man bodies for the showcase.

After looking over this thread, I realized I forgot two pics.  One, with the guitar complete and strung.  The other, the "Abominable Iceman" neck plate made for me by Doug.  I still have to install the plate and the pic did come out a bit blurry, but you get the idea.  Yeti, anyone?  :laughing7:

iceman.jpg

abominable.jpg

^^^Agreed, Max!

And Doug, yes, I had finished it, but was waiting for final pics until I got the plate on it.  As you can see, I haven't gotten that far yet.  Soon though.  :laughing7:

Max said:
The best pictures of beasts of that type are blurry.
Yip, you re right Max. Every photo I've ever seen of big foot has been blurry too, kinda like the Loch Ness Monster... :dontknow:

PaulXerxen (nexrex) said:
Looks great. I love the look of clear mahogany  :guitarplayer2:

Thanks!  When I first got the body, I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but it was the only body long enough to balance out the baritone neck.  After it was assembled, it totally grew on me.

Back