That was quick

Tonar8352

Here she is.  White guard and I think I'll go white.

IMG_2566.jpg

You're close enough you should get everything pretty quick from Warmoth. That a "keeper", or are you doing it for somebody else? A long time ago I borrowed a lefty Strat and strung it upside down to play backwards a la Hendrix and couldn't deal with the reversed horn and controls, you use the upper registers to make the horn an issue?

I got my body pretty quick from warmoth, but it was a showcase, but still 3 or 4 week earlier than i expected

Anyway Are you playing left or right. Looks left, but i'm 'tarded at the moment :tard: I've forgotten where my tuner is and my untuned music is making me nauseous.

I borrowed a lefty Strat and strung it upside down to play backwards a la Hendrix and couldn't deal with the reversed horn and controls, you use the upper registers to make the horn an issue?

I have used Lefty Strats also and the horn thing was never as much an issue as the controls getting in the way.  That is why this body and rout configuration intrigued me so much.

My first impression pulling it out of the box was the dramatic difference in the belly cut.  This has a little stubby belly cut because the length of the guitar is way shorter on this side.  I am going to do some more profiling of the body and I’ll post some before and after pictures.  I will not be able to elongate the belly cut too much but I will be able to make it deeper and roll the forearm over more.  

This one is for me so who knows when I’ll get it put together but I am going to start finishing it this weekend.

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
I got my body pretty quick from warmoth, but it was a showcase, but still 3 or 4 week earlier than i expected

Anyway Are you playing left or right. Looks left, but i'm 'tarded at the moment :tard: I've forgotten where my tuner is and my untuned music is making me nauseous.

just tune by ear, an E played on the 5th fret is an A, an A on the 5th fret is a D, a D on the 5th is a G, a G on the 4th is a b, a  b on the 5th is an e. Should get you in the ballpark if the strings are out of tune in relation to one another.

UTSC said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:

just tune by ear, an E played on the 5th fret is an A, an A on the 5th fret is a D, a D on the 5th is a G, a G on the 4th is a b, a  b on the 5th is an e. Should get you in the ballpark if the strings are out of tune in relation to one another.

True, its close enough for rock and roll.

Here's a different option
http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/onlinetuner.html

What do you have planned for a neck Tonar?

What do you have planned for a neck Tonar?

I’ll be ordering a Total Vintage 59 Roundback CBS reversed headstock, with 1 5/8 nut, 6100 frets in Birdseye Maple. 

Back