Telecaster Wiring

Levert

I need some advice on standard tele wiring. I purchased single coil pickups, 250K pots and 3-way switch  from Guitar Fetish. They furnished wiring diagrams with the pickups and the switch. The diagrams which they provided all show the output wire and the capacitor connections reversed from standard tele wiring at the Tone pot. On std tele the capacitor is soldered to gnd @ the pot case then to the center terminal of the pot. The output wire is soldered to the RH terminal. On the GF diagrams these are reversed. Maybe it makes no difference. Can someone clairify?

Hi James,

Not sure if someone got back to you, but from what you describe it makes no difference.  I usually wire the cap to the center terminal, but it really makes no difference.

Hey Trevor,

That new guitar still evolving? Yes, someone did answer my question. I thanked them. Now their message doesn't show up. He told me the same thing you did. I sort of figured that but needed some assurance. I would take pics and send but the one from GF is so faint. I don't believe it will come out.

Thanks

Back