Telecaster Upper Bout Toggle

The rear routed Teles have large routes and the jack hole is moved to line up with the upper bout, it can be drilled right though the jack hole.

Lol sometimes we make to much work out of something . If you want you could build your own body but that's not the idea of using warmoth .
Like you said call and find out .
As far as using a pick guard and a rear-routed body is pretty copy when you think about it . Why spend good money on good parts to do something strange ? Also if you ever want to sell it , well there's no value left , no one wants parts like that . Well meaning intentions but don't do it lol

I think the standard tele layout would work just fine with a rear route and add the upper bout toggle...
248005990_10165630864055526_7302578267600973203_n.jpg

Some Gibson players might like the LP controls.  To me it places the Toggle switch and the volume control just far enough away so they can't be easily reached.  Strat placement for the lever switch is a lot more ergonomic.

When I built the L5S in my sig, I wanted a upper bout toggle and no LP control layout, so I had to do it myself. Had to drill/route for the upper bout switch, and fill in some leftover holes in the traditional control locations, but it all worked out.

IMG_2926_Sm.JP

The build thread is here, if you wanna row through it.

Also, the Tele in my sig has that upper bout toggle, but that was from Warmoth that way, so I know it's a doable thing.

DuckBaloo said:
With the larger rear-routed cavity, the jack gets moved closer to the tail gets a completely different angle that lines up with the upper bout. This allows Warmoth to use it the same route for Tele, Strat and LP-style control layouts. (caviet, may not be a Warmoth body shown, I'm not sure of the origin).
xrayo-TH.jpg

Thanks for this picture.
I’m obsessed with the idea of installing a blade runner on my thinline, but terrified that the routing would not leave enough wood to sustain tension. This is no proof, but quite informative.

Back