Telecaster Esquire no switch wiring... Help!

jcajus

Hi all!

I just got my hands on a nice Warmoth guitar from a friend of mine who never finished assembling it. I guess he was stuck at the wiring part as I am too now!
I am a complete novice and have no idea of how to connect the wires even though i think it´s a very simple circuit. I simply can´t find any wiring diagrams out there for this Telecaster Esquire setup with no switch... I attached som photos so you can have a look (i don´t have the output jack yet and the extra wires yet, those are on their way). I would really appreciate any help that you could give me about what goes where (I got the soldering part coveret... I think...).

Greetings from Denmark!
/Joachim

Attachments

• IMG_20200603_213931.jpg
    IMG_20200603_213931.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 258
  • IMG_20200603_213938.jpg
    IMG_20200603_213938.jpg
    425.4 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_20200603_215435.jpg
    IMG_20200603_215435.jpg
    731 KB · Views: 273
The only thing i found out in my research was about the cable from the pickup, and it seems like i have to connect the red and white wires to each other and nothing else, the black wire is the "hot" one and the green and plain are both ground. It is a Seymour Duncan BG1400 pickup :)

Pabloman is right. Seymour Duncan has wiring diagrams for almost anything you want to do.

I already did that. I checked every diagram they had, couldn't find one that matched my setup! :(

jcajus said:
The only thing i found out in my research was about the cable from the pickup, and it seems like i have to connect the red and white wires to each other and nothing else, the black wire is the "hot" one and the green and plain are both ground. It is a Seymour Duncan BG1400 pickup :)

Welcome to the forum Joachim.

This is easy.

Pickup wiring

connect the red and white wires to each other and nothing else (insulate them also)
black wire "hot" connect to the volume pot lug that has a label attached to it saying pickup hot.
green and plain are both ground, solder to the back of the volume pot.

Output jack

Hot wire to the middle lug of the volume pot
Ground wire to the back of the volume pot.

Additional

You also need a ground wire to the bridge.

What Stratamania said.

Make sure you tape up the red and white wires after soldering so they can't short circuit by touching something. You don't really need a separate ground for the bridge as that pickup has a metal baseplate and makes the ground connection via the mounting screws (but a belt and braces approach doesn't hurt).

Thank you so much guys! I'll give it a go and let you know when i'm up and running!
What a nice and helpful community :)

This is the wiring you seek: (ignore that the picture show a standard humbucker)

1H_1V_1T.jpg

Back