Telecaster bridge dilemma

italoop

Hi all

building a Warmoth Telecaster with a Gibson scale neck.... probably a light swamp ash body with a black korina top, not sure if solid or chambered yet.
Pickups are a set of 3 Lollar C.Christian.
Got to parts and the idea is to retain as much twang as possible 'cuz the shortest scale may tame some of it.
I'd like to have a tele bridge: with:
-vintage dimensions 4 screws - 54 mm strings spacing
-way better if it has NO sidewalls! They get in the way...
-STEEL base plate, a must for twang and pickups magnetic field colors
-BRASS barrel saddles with compensated cuts
-forgot to mention... I need GOLD finish (that's hard, I know!)

The closest thing to this seems to be the Wilkinson WT3, used by Suhr in his signature Tele below.
You can angle the saddle and lock it when the intonation is acceptable.
BUT it still has those sidewalls making it non as perfect as I'm looking for.

Gotoh apparently has perfect bridges but they seem to only use titanium as base plates....
Looked at other builders but can't find one with Steel+Brass+NO sidewalls+Gold

Has anyone of you gotten into this hard search and found the one I have described above?

JS4G7J_010.jpg

Last edited:
Callahan. Also, last I looked, Gotoh makes an in-tune bridge with a steel base plate and brass saddles.

Thank you, man!
I had looked at Armadillo and sadly they don't use steel for the plates.
Glendale seems to have some steel parts. VERY expensive!!!!
Rutters seems to have one bridge with half cut wall on top side and full cut on the lower side.
None of them has fully no sidewalls steel plates.
And I forgot to mention I need GOLD finish.... :devilish:

getting closer though 👍

THANKS

Callahan. Also, last I looked, Gotoh makes an in-tune bridge with a steel base plate and brass saddles.

Callaham has high sidewalls plates only! Too bad as their suff is good. And no GOLD.
Yeah.... Gotoh seems to have one that "might" have the steel plate AND it's in GOLD finish too but they do not specify that on their website and catalogues. They always mention titanium in most of their bridges. I believe it's the BS-TC1S where that "S" might stand for Steel!
I emailed Gotoh to know better... hopefully they'll get back with an answer....

Thank you!
Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 19-09-21 Gotoh Vintage Tele® Bridge with “In-Tune” Saddles.png

I missed the Gold part ... Callahan does have bridges without the sidewalls, but I don't remember the dimensions. Note the letters GG in the Gotoh site.

I missed the Gold part ... Callahan does have bridges without the sidewalls, but I don't remember the dimensions. Note the letters GG in the Gotoh site.

The Callaham without sidewalls is only for the Fender American Standard Tele with 3 screws. Not usable on the Warmoth bridge configuration.
Yeah, I saw the Gotoh page many times and it never mention steel for the plate, but talks about "titanium construction". Not the same thing unfortunately.... if they only would take the time to clearly state what's made of.

Pickups are a set of 3 Lollar C.Christian.

You must be planning on using one these in the bridge position, not an actual Christian? ...

Also, this listing describes the Gotoh bridge plate as "stamped steel" ...

I believe that's the same bridge that Warmoth sells ...

If they make a base plate out of titanium it would be a surprise.
The problem is that Gotoh doesn't clearly states the plate material. Check the description of this bridge, where it says "Titanium construction...." that makes one think it's made of titanium. They ONLY state the saddles metal, brass OR titanium, depending on the model label startin with Bs or Ti.
Check:

Last edited:
You must be planning on using one these in the bridge position, not an actual Christian? ...

Also, this listing describes the Gotoh bridge plate as "stamped steel" ...

I believe that's the same bridge that Warmoth sells ...

Yes, of course it's the B.S. + 2 CCs.
That's the same bridge Warmoth sells and doesn't state the plate material. I have seen different statements on different websites, about steel or titanium. Big confusion and would like the definitive answer from Gotoh rather than from a vendor.
Thanks

This may be it! Unfortunately it's not available on my country's Amazon nor they ship but I found they have their own shop online, Musician Outfitters Store.
Measures look good. Metal is right. And cheap! Worth a try! THANKS!!!!!
cheers to you!

Looking at the bridge Suhr puts on his Tele. The picture is above....
That's a Wilkinson WT5 custom made for Suhr. It has the wallsides cut AND a couple of extra screws at the top end of the plate. Those will tight the plate way better to the guitar body for much stronger sound transmission.. Gotta say... that's probably the best vintage style Tele bridge with modern enhancements. Suhr knows his shit, for sure! 👍 👍 👍

bro, if the entire gotoh bridge was made out of titanium it would be way way more expensive
Yeah, that's possible but not knowing such a simple but important detail is annoying. The plate might be done in many other metals or even blends. Zinc sucks, for one!

Back