Tele with different neck?

sbk12

Has anyone on this forum ever built a Tele that didnt have a standard tele headstock or strat headstock?If so,are there any pictures out there of such a guitar?I am thinking about making my next build a hot rodded tele with a single humbucker and I would like to have maybe a Warmoth style headstock on it.Is this possible?

Warmoth Tele bodies come stock with a square Tele-style neck pocket, all other Warmoths have the rounded Strat-type pocket. Here's the page to read:
http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_guitar_neck_pocket.cfm
If you want to go whack, it might be easiest to just have a (no charge) Strat pocket put on your Tele body to start with, then anything will work (EXCEPT a Tele neck :toothy11:) Like this big-head scalloped voodoo-wired Morsian monstrosity:

FirstAct011.jpg

the rabbit is... not there... not there...

I have a tele with a W headstock and a spalted top. I don't know how to link it here, but you can check it out on
the Warmoth gallery page

Or cut and paste this:

http://www.warmoth.com/gallery/images/tele/Guitar%20Pics%20005.jpg

To others, i built both my tele and strat with the square tele heel. I found that round strat heels shift a bit more so went this
route for stability's sake. no cost either BTW.

juanhonglo said:
I have a tele with a W headstock and a spalted top. I don't know how to link it here, but you can check it out on
the Warmoth gallery page

Or cut and paste this:

http://www.warmoth.com/gallery/images/tele/Guitar%20Pics%20005.jpg

To others, i built both my tele and strat with the square tele heel. I found that round strat heels shift a bit more so went this
route for stability's sake. no cost either BTW.

YEAH MAN,thats tight!!!!!!!! Me rikey!! So you used the standard square Tele pocket,but the neck had a round heel??

NICE Tele, juanhonglo, and I'd wager it plays and sounds just as good as it looks  :guitaristgif:

If I am not mistaken, you can use a rounded heel neck (ie non-tele neck) in a tele.  The 22nd fret extension on the finger board will cover the open space.  If you choose a vintage neck (21 frets) then you will have a small gap at the cornors of the neck pocket. 

I believe this is stated on the web site and in a couple different treads here on the board.

Bill

riverbluff said:
If I am not mistaken, you can use a rounded heel neck (ie non-tele neck) in a tele.  The 22nd fret extension on the finger board will cover the open space.  If you choose a vintage neck (21 frets) then you will have a small gap at the cornors of the neck pocket. 

I believe this is stated on the web site and in a couple different treads here on the board.

Bill

that's correct. if you use a pickguard, even a standard cut one for a telecaster it will fill the gap under the extension and the extension will cover it from the top.

not the best plan if you don't want a pickguard though. even rear routed bodies have a gap under the extention so at a close inspection it might still be visible. if all else fail you can get a strat heel on the tele body and if you decide to get a tele headstock you can custom order the neck the same way. warning: these options are free but non refundable.

Back