Tele-Ocity For Sale

Twanking45

I built this a year ago and it turned out pretty great. I meant it to be the creation of my perfect guitar. Alas, I've found, that I prefer frets to be smaller and I think that the beautiful maple top has seduced me into babying the guitar too much--in other words, its just too pretty for me.  :doh:

Anyway, I've decided it is time to regroup and plan yet another build. I was hoping to sell this and would love to see if anyone has any interest.

Money-wise, I sunk about $1,600 into the parts for this guitar, not including the Reunion Blues Aero case I will be selling it with. Not sure what value it would attract but interested parties may message me.

I posted about the building of this guitar, and you can read that here: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=26623.0

Specs:
Velocity shape, flat faced and Chambered
Top: Unique choice flame maple. Black-Yellow burst, natural masked binding, forearm contour.
Core: Swamp ash, chambered, belly contour and neck access cut. 720 Mod
Bridge: gotoh telecaster, gold
Pickups: Lace Light-Blue sensor (neck), Dimarzio Chopper T (bridge).
electrics: volume, tone (push-pull to tap bridge humbucker). Three-way toggle.

Neck: Telecaster, modern
wood: Quartersawn roasted maple neck and fingerboard
profile:regular thin C
frets: Stainless regular jumbo
Nut: white tusq earvana
Inlays: Abalone dots
Tuners: sperzel locking, gold
knobs: Q-Parts

I have a stew-mac shim in the neck pocket to create a very slight tilt-back to the neck to get the right string break. It is a 720 mod neck pocket. The sustain on this instrument if fantastic.

The build did not go 100% smoothly: 1) the jack hole was a little too small and I was forced to use a rasp to scraped some wood material from the inside of the guitar to allow the bottom section of the jack to fit. Luckily the outer portion of the cavity -- the hole itself -- did not require enlarging, just the internal part of the cavity. 2) in installing the locking tuners, the sperzel measuring jig that came with the set did work all that well and I had to drill three of the holes for the stabilizing bits a little wide, so they look more oblong than perfect circular holes. This does not create any give or wiggle as I drilled the holes wider lengthwise and it does not affect the function at all.

Note: The original toggle switch did not last the year. The pin that seats the switch fell out the other day and I am in the process of replacing it with a Switchcraft. I will not be buying Gotoh toggles again.

Anyone interested in this guitar?

Attachments

• IMG_4162.jpg
    IMG_4162.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 343
  • IMG_4164.jpg
    IMG_4164.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 354
  • IMG_4159.jpg
    IMG_4159.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 335
Twanking45 said:
...I think that the beautiful maple top has seduced me into babying the guitar too much--in other words, its just too pretty for me.  :doh:

I know the feeling. The first couple Warmoths I built were that way. Sunk a ton into them, made 'em too fancy, and they became wallflowers. Eventually sold 'em and ate the loss as it seemed a shame for them to just sit around lookin' fine. Now they sit around lookin' fine at the new owner's house because he's afraid to play them  :laughing7:

If you get lucky like I did, somebody will see yours and fall in love. Could take a while, though. If you wanna move it on your own schedule, I'm afraid Warmoth builds don't attract very high prices. Row through the eBay listings and you'll see prices all over the board, but the actual sell prices are usually in the $500-$700 range if it's a well-done instrument with high-grade parts. Most people find that parting them out brings in a little more money than selling the thing whole.

Hi Cagey,

I think my fate will be as yours was--I will sell it and eat the loss. I've decided to sell it on consignment at Chelsea Guitars in Manhattan. The owner, who i've gotten to know a bit, said he would take a look at it and advise me on where to sell it, as well as a Gibson SJ-200 i need to unload.

I figure if I sell it on consignment in a shop, a potential buyer will come face to face with it, instead of stare at a bunch of online pics. That might make a real difference as this Tele-Ocity is beautiful.

Back