Tele Build - Rear Rout - Long or Short Shaft Pots?

Ozopart

Has anyone here done a Tele build with rear rout? I am looking into CTS pots (if I can find them in stock!). I don't know if I need long or short shaft pots. I am afraid that if I get Long they might be too long and then I imagine the knobs would be elevated off of the body of the guitar. But too short, .....
Thanks!

3/8" of thread is just barely enough for me to fit in a rear-rout, like I had to scrape off some polymerized oil that had accumulated inside the controls cavity. The longest I've seen aren't too long for the cavity, if you're going to stuff a lot of wiring in then it can start making it hard to find room, otherwise, I'd definitely use long-thread pots.

Sadie-f said:
3/8" of thread is just barely enough for me to fit in a rear-rout, like I had to scrape off some polymerized oil that had accumulated inside the controls cavity. The longest I've seen aren't too long for the cavity, if you're going to stuff a lot of wiring in then it can start making it hard to find room, otherwise, I'd definitely use long-thread pots.
I was thinking of ordering both short and long and then seeing what fits when the body comes, but not sure on that. Given the rapid and large price increases the past few weeks I went ahead and ordered my Hipshot tuners from Stewmac. If I go with the Freeway 3B3-01 switch, Stewmac seems to be the only place to get it. Darn, now I have to pay shipping again as I didn't, but should have paid for the free shipping for a year option.
My issue is: For the Freeway I think I don't need Push/Pull pots which is good because they seem to be Out of Stock everywhere. For a standard 3 way switch, I need push/pull pots. I am finding it hard to find the correct switch/pot combinations all in stock at one vendor. Sigh. Anyway, if I read your post correctly you are saying Long Shaft, probably, but not for sure.

im really not sure but waiting to see the correct answers,  i believe the short shaft is for pickguard mounting.

Rule of thumb:
Long shafts for mounting through wood
Short shafts if mounting to pick guard

Back