Tele bridge stacked hum: suggestions?

el twanguero

Hey, ever'body, I'm soliciting opinions on what is a good choice for a stacked humbucker for a Tele bridge pickup? I already have a Gibson mini-hum in the neck position. I'd like to retain as much of the traditional sound and look as possible, although a little extra girth sound-wise wouldn't be a bad thing. Thanks.

Try an SD Lil' 59 or JBJr (depending on how "hot" you want; wire it to coil tap to single coil. It'll fit in a regular Tele SC bridge and you have the best of both worlds.

Dimarzio makes some hot replacement pickups you could put in that would look stock.

Thanks, guys! I'm really wanting to keep the traditional look, i.e. standard size pole pieces and fiber flatwork... and maybe a little hotter than vintage, but not too much. Anybody familiar with the Bill Lawrence stacked hums?  I saw them when I was looking at the Q filter on his website. The price is certainly right.

el twanguero said:
Thanks, guys! I'm really wanting to keep the traditional look, i.e. standard size pole pieces and fiber flatwork... and maybe a little hotter than vintage, but not too much. Anybody familiar with the Bill Lawrence stacked hums?  I saw them when I was looking at the Q filter on his website. The price is certainly right.
i have a little 59 in my tele. It sounds great, but it doesn't have the classic standard pole piece look your going for. seymour does make one that is stacked tho with the classic look i believe. I'll be changing this pup out with a SD Screamin demon that will fit in the tele stlye bridge and of course it will have the split on it. ever try your tele with the 1 meg pot?

if yor wanting that stock look these sound pretty good not super high gain but pretty hot its a dimarzio
We designed the Virtual T™ bridge model to produce classic Tele® sounds, but we knew that wouldn’t be enough for every Tele® player. Some of you want extra muscle from the bridge position—more punch, less zing. We can do that. The Virtual Hot T™ is louder and thicker, like an overwound vintage single-coil. It’s got a woody sound when the tone control is wide open, and more of a P90 character when it’s rolled down. We’re talking killer blues tone here, and it still balances well with the Virtual T™ neck model. The Virtual Hot T™ uses the same Alnico 2 magnets as our other Virtual T™ models, and works with 250K controls.
Recommended For: Bridge position
Tech Talk: Like the Virtual T™, the Virtual Hot T™ has a magnet stagger that offers balanced string response for most guitars with standard (plain G) strings. Flat magnet stagger is available on request. The Virtual Hot T™ utilizes Alnico 2 magnets, and is designed to work with 250K controls. Bigger control combinations like 500K all around or a 250K volume and the 1 Megohm EP1202 tone control kicks up the power and treble response a little, like a P-90™ with hot magnets.

i like the seymour better it is hotter but not muddyyou can go to their web site and look and listen to it
A bolder, more aggressive sound than the STL-1

Model: STL-2
Category: Seymour Duncan Pickups for Tele *Each coil 
DC Resistance: Tapped: 7.4 k
Full: 15.6 k
Resonant Peak: Tapped: 8.2 KHz
Full: 5 KHz
EQ: 5 / 6 / 5 (Treb / Mid / Bass)
Magnet: Alnico V Rods
Cable: Single Con. PVC
Output:  High

User:  Pro

Type:  Single Coil

--- Audio Samples --- Clean Bridge (Lead) Clean Neck (Rythm) Dirty Bridge (Lead) Dirty Neck (Rythm)

heres a link  http://www.seymourduncan.com/compareTones/tone.asp?ID=57 you can give it a listen here

Back