Ted's Strat

Ted

Finished my second (and last build for a while) over the weekend. It was a pretty long winded and towards the end quite annoying process. So many damn screw holes to drill with a Strat! I made two f**k-ups. I stripped one of the tuner screws so now I cannot screw it down or out! :help: Also I forgot to buy any string t's, but I might get my tech to fit a couple when I get it set up. I'm also trying to work out why my high E string sounds so weak, maybe I need to tweak the pickups a bit. It plays amazingly well with my very crude set-up.

It was going to be a Korina Strat, but I had a change of heart after talking to a mate about finishing the Korina body. It has Callaham guitars Stratocaster assembly and its pretty good stuff.

Needless to say, it sounds fantastic.

INGREDIENTS:

MAPLE / ZIRICOTE STANDARD THIN NECK WITH VINTAGE TINT GLOSS AND VINTAGE FRETS.
CIMG3394.jpg

CHECK OUT THE FIGURE
CIMG3395.jpg

ALDER 4.2lbs BODY WITH CHARCOAL FROST FINISH
CIMG3398.jpg

THE ORIGINAL PICKGUARD I WAS GOING TO FIT, IT CAME LOADED WITH BAREKNUCLE APACHES WHICH ARE ABSOLUTELY SMOKIN'
CIMG3399.jpg

BUT! I HAD A CHANGE OF MIND AND BOUGHT THESE PARTS INSTEAD OF THE ABOVE
CIMG3400.jpg

NEARLY THERE..... :glasses9:
CIMG3404.jpg

ALL DONE

CIMG3405.jpg

CIMG3407.jpg

CIMG3408.jpg

Wow that fretboard looks truly amazing!

Nice guitar man, congratulations  :rock-on:

Are you pleased with the way that it sounds?

Cheers man, yes I am very pleased with the tone. Absolute classic Strat sounds all the way, which is exactly what I wanted.  :icon_thumright:

Sweet guitar! Funny how on my monitor the bare body looks Charcoal Frost, and the completed guitar looks Lake Placid Blue.

:icon_scratch:

Man that's a nice build. Reminds me of the Robert Cray model. That board is really nice! I may have misread, which pickups ended up in the body?

I see from the box it ended up in England. Cheers from across the pond.  :eek:ccasion14:

-TT-

Thanks guys.

RLW - yes the colour has a hint of blue in it. But without the mint green pick-guard it definately looks grey (charcoal frost).  ???

TT -  I have Bare Knuckle Apaches in there. They sound awesome. And yes it does remind me of the Robert Cray model too. I always liked that guitar.  :)

Looks great Ted :icon_thumright: I got a ziricote board for my fiesta bass and I love it. Is the Callaham bridge as good as they're cracked up to be? I'm debating what to use when I finally do a lefty with a whammy bar.

Ted, my man, that is a great looking Strat, and I won't even ask what the Vaseline is for...  :laughing11:

Thanks guys.  :icon_thumright:

Looks great Ted  I got a ziricote board for my fiesta bass and I love it. Is the Callaham bridge as good as they're cracked up to be? I'm debating what to use when I finally do a lefty with a whammy bar.

Yes really good quality bit of kit the Callaham stuff. Worth trying definately.

Ted, my man, that is a great looking Strat, and I won't even ask what the Vaseline is for... 

Ha ha. I wondered how quickly someone would pick me up on that. Hey, I ran out of KY... :laughing7:

Hey Ted.

That's a cracking build.  Great Stuff.  and the Ziricote 'board looks brilliant.  How do the Bare Knuck's sound?
I've been debating whether to get a pair of Humbuckers to go in my Les Paul.  Tim Mill's at Bare Knuckle is a top guy who helped a friend of mine a lot when he was choosing his Humbuckers.

Nice One Fella
Go the UK Warmoth Builders ! ! ! ! ! :hello2:

Jim

Cheers Jim.

Yep, I buy Bare Knuckles first and then work out a guitar to put them in. They're that good...

You can't go wrong with BKP's although I would say if you are happy with your tone from the LP - don't bother changing...I did this and installed some BKP VHII's and I hated the tone. But then again I hated that guitar too...The Burst Bucker Pros were much better suited to that guitar.

I have a Warpig, Mississippi Queen, pair of Miracle Men in my Vee and now these Apaches. Great stuff.

My bro also has a set of Irish Tours in his MIM strat and they are lovely too.

Ted! did you finally fix the drainage problem in the lower field???

Very nice strat! when I finally get the change to do a traditional strat, I will definetely give the callaham hardware a try too!

Ted, could you tell the difference between the Apache and Irish Tour??
Unfortunatelly, Tim have not made clips of all pickups  :sad1:

Cheers guys.

Permit me to make this (I hope you get it) analogy.

Apaches = Ricky Hatton

Irish Tours = Floyd Mayweather.

err I hope that makes sense...

Back