Take a look at this crazy thing

So, I wonder what it will eventually sell for . . . and then the extra cost to install frets if they do it.

Seller has predominantly positive ratings but his most recent feedback is not the best.  I've bought a number of high dollar trumpets over the years on eBay and never endured a scam.  But I was always prepared for it knowing I could lose thousands.  I had a few scary moments on some purchases.  I've heard eBay has gotten even scarier in recent years.

to be fair with you? I'd tottaly buy Cocobolo from a source and send to Warmoth to them use on one neck of yours (of course you'd better talk with them about)

Think Mr Larry Davis at Gallery Hardwoods would have the fretboard for you... Too bad I didn't think about it when I was ordering mine... Sometimes I give good idea for troubles of my friends, but when are mine I get nervous and can't think properly... :tard:

RiverCity28 said:
So, I wonder what it will eventually sell for . . . and then the extra cost to install frets if they do it.

Seller has predominantly positive ratings but his most recent feedback is not the best.  I've bought a number of high dollar trumpets over the years on eBay and never endured a scam.  But I was always prepared for it knowing I could lose thousands.  I had a few scary moments on some purchases.  I've heard eBay has gotten even scarier in recent years.

Ebay has become a joke, if it wasn't already. Shill bids are rife, and there is zero support if anything goes wrong. I don't really bother much any more, except for a couple of already trusted sellers for small parts thast wouldn't hurt me if I got screwed.

Cletus, I have been preaching that for years.
Ebay is the home of the scammer and the scammed
with no one to help if you get scammed, Just try to collect on their guarantee, I have tried, they wear you down till you give up.

Then I'm lucky I lost the taste for ebay near the end of  my horn acquiring days.  Not likely to ever return.

Jusatele said:
Cletus, I have been preaching that for years.
Ebay is the home of the scammer and the scammed
with no one to help if you get scammed, Just try to collect on their guarantee, I have tried, they wear you down till you give up.
For the most part that's extremely true. Ebay has more scammers than legitimate sellers, but paypal, even though tied to Ebay, does guarantee your money back should something go astray... :dontknow: :dontknow:

Ask any seller if they like paypal. Indeed I'm sure I saw a post by Wyliee explaining why they don't use it (getting massively stuffed around by PP).

Cletus said:
Ask any seller if they like paypal. Indeed I'm sure I saw a post by Wyliee explaining why they don't use it (getting massively stuffed around by PP).
From W's point of view as a business probably so as business acct's get charged a fee for receiving money. However there's a way around that as to not get stuffed around by PP.  :icon_biggrin:

I've done hundreds of transactions buying and selling and almost all my experiences with ebay and PayPal have been good. You do have to consider the seller on these things and know what to stay away from. I just bought lots of stuff to finish a couple projects mostly through ebay.

well, I know more people who have been burned on ebay and will not return than people who still use it
I think it will stay a driving force as it seems to be evolving into a place so many businesses use. But it will always be a scammers paradise, after all ruin your name, just close the account and start a new one.

Shill bidding seems to be the rule rather than the exception. I put together a pretty convincing case on one and ebay didn't care at all. It is after all the seller who pays them, so shill bidding actually pads their bottom line.

Back