Surf's up

willyk

I always thought the old custom color Fenders looked cool. Red was the coolest and fiesta red especially so. So 40years on, my first red bass. It's an alder body, birdseye neck with that crazy ziricote 'board. Basslines 1/4pounder, Gotoh tuners and bridge...that's it. Just another P bass, except it is built from the best damned parts on the market and it cost me 1/3 the price of a re-issue, which you can't buy lefty and you can't get red :guitaristgif: :guitaristgif: :guitaristgif:

Attachments

• j8.JPG
    j8.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 800
  • j9.JPG
    j9.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 770
  • j10.JPG
    j10.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 878
I love Fiesta Red and tortoise together, it just looks so perfect. That's a beauty.

That is a great project. It is really classy and thats not easy to do with some colors. I agree the tortoise and fiesta are a great combo.

Another great one Willyk!!

Cheers!
-TT-

It's all WarmothRules fault! him and his dream bass post :icon_jokercolor:  No not really, I had this planned for a while. My mate Dick from UK who has been a Shadows groupie for 128years sent me some photos of himself with Bruce Welch's No1 guitar (apparently the first strat ever imported to UK and the one Hank Marvin used first!) Anyway it was fiesta red and that got me harking back and I remembered how cool the tortoiseshell pickguard looked on Jet Harris's Precision and how much I wanted one of those so it all grew out of that. Now I'm seriously considering ordering some ashtrays for it.......waddayareckon?

I reckon,hell yeah!...nice color combo.Tort just seems to go with anything.

Nice job :eek:ccasion14:Cheers

Yep, I gotta agree that this bass makes me want to bust out the Ventures and Astronauts records....Love it!  Another fine job by Willyk!

Leave it to willyk to post a killer lefty to keep us southpaws inspired. Great bass man!  :party07:  What kind of pickups did you use?

TexxasJam said:
Leave it to willyk to post a killer lefty to keep us southpaws inspired. Great bass man!   :party07:  What kind of pickups did you use?

Seymour Duncan 1/4 pounder.  :headbang:

Back