Suggestions???

bbl4ck

I am a believer that particular styles/models of guitars, look best/cry out for,  particular types of finishes/woods.
I do not want to suggest any specifics for fear of prejudicing the responses.  :evil4:
I fell in love with a piece of wood that I want to use as a laminate top, but am challenged as to what style of guitar it might fit best...
Any thoughts or suggestions??? :icon_scratch: ??? :icon_scratch:
The wood is called Pale Moon Ebony:

6ec7_1.JPG

I welcome any and all suggestions  :hello2: :blob7: :hello2: :blob7: :hello2:

are you going guitar, or bass? or open to any suggestions at all?  :icon_biggrin:  thats one awesome piece of laminate top you've got there

JaySwear said:
are you going guitar, or bass? or open to any suggestions at all?  :icon_biggrin:  thats one awesome piece of laminate top you've got there

Guitar only!  As much as I would like to do bass, one instrument at a time!  :toothy12:

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
An SG or a explorer.

i was thinking an explorer too.

fx-260.jpg

i was never a huge fan of the body shape until i jammed with a friend of mine who had one in black. just wow. i know it's not an exact explorer shape, but i've akways thought it was a pretty guitar

JaySwear said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
An SG or a explorer.

i was thinking an explorer too.

fx-260.jpg

i was never a huge fan of the body shape until i jammed with a friend of mine who had one in black. just wow. i know it's not an exact explorer shape, but i've akways thought it was a pretty guitar
I find the explorer incredibly comfortable, my friend has a jackson kelly, not quite an explorer, but same basic shape. It was tricky to sit and and play with but it was great while standing up.

That is a sweet piece of wood.  Any body you decide to make out of that will rock bigtime!  :headbang1:

Hey,
Thanks for your input!!!  You were all thinking along the same line that I was.  My initial thought was an Explorer, then I thought maybe a Firebird.  :icon_scratch:
I need to contact the custom man a Warmoth to make sure he can work with it.  Anyway, it's a cool piece of wood and not cheap, so I need to proceed with caution!

Thanks again...
:rock-on:

Max said:
Tele. 2 humbuckers. Floyd. Pointy headstock with matching wood.

Anybody with me?

Max...are you running a fever?  You said...Floyd...pointy...I'm impressed.  :icon_thumright:

I like your concept here.  :icon_thumright:

DocNrock said:
Max said:
Tele. 2 humbuckers. Floyd. Pointy headstock with matching wood.

Anybody with me?

Max...are you running a fever?  You said...Floyd...pointy...I'm impressed.   :icon_thumright:

I like your concept here.   :icon_thumright:
That was mostly to see the responses, and a classic tele won't work here. It needs to look a bit more dangerous, I think.

But I am a bit tired :p NC mountains+hiking+cliffs=amazing view, btw.

That was mostly to see the responses, and a classic tele won't work here. It needs to look a bit more dangerous, I think.

Agreed  :icon_thumright: More dangerous...

bbl4ck said:

Agreed  :icon_thumright: More dangerous...

Explorer, solid mahogany body and neck, rear route, dual humbuckers (EMG 81/85 or 81/60), jet black ebony finger board, no inlays, ss6100 frets, OFR, Ken Lawrence headstock (same laminate as top), black binding and all black hardware!!!  :headbang1:

Explorer, solid mahogany body and neck, rear route, dual humbuckers (EMG 81/85 or 81/60), jet black ebony finger board, no inlays, ss6100 frets, OFR, Ken Lawrence headstock (same laminate as top), black binding and all black hardware!!!  :headbang1:
[/quote]

Sounds good to me! Make sure its that ESP shape explorer though, that thing is so B.A. Plus when I played one it was totally awesome.

That is a spectacular piece by the way, and im all about the matching headstock veneer.

Back