Stupid Question

Cane

Can anyone answer this stupid question?

Why is there always around 650 Strats in the showcase 150 Tele's  45 LP's  10 Solists and 20 VIP's.
Is this a ratio of volume of sales for each style that determines inventory?

I find it hard to believe that strats are that much more popular, but that is why I'm asking the stupid question.

There are no stupid questions. Only stupid answers.

I always assumed it was because the strat bod was the most popular, followed by the tele etc.  But as to actual sales figures, only an inside warmother would know for sure.

If you're in the business of selling guitar bodies, you build and stock what sells.

As in, the same 15 or so VW bodies sat in the showcase for ages, nobody wanted them, Warmoth had a fire sale, and now everybody is shedding tears because they are no longer available. No, I don't get it either.

Check the "Suggestion Box" for some seriously ditzy ideas that Warmoth should tool-up for in order to sell maybe 2 bodies of.

By the way, "ditzy" means " how women think when they shop for shoes"

And that's my rant for this evening.

I find a lot of guitar players are very traditional.  Warmoth only offers bolt-on bodies/necks and maybe a lot of guitar players looking for bolt-ons gravitate toward strats and teles because those are traditional.  Maybe a bolt-on Les Paul or SG is "wrong" to some.

jtroska said:
I find a lot of guitar players are very traditional.  Warmoth only offers bolt-on bodies/necks and maybe a lot of guitar players looking for bolt-ons gravitate toward strats and teles because those are traditional.  Maybe a bolt-on Les Paul or SG is "wrong" to some.
Agree... I probably would have gone with an LP---but a bolt on?  Seems so strange!

RLW said:
By the way, "ditzy" means " how women think when they shop for shoes"

WOMEN DO NOT THINK.  REPEAT:  WOMEN DO NOT THINK.  THAT IS ALL <over>

Back