String-through bass bridge

Stephalopod

Hi folks,

I'm a first-timer thinking about building myself a short-scale jazz bass. I'd ideally like to be able to string it through the body, but the only bridge routing option Warmoth offer for this is for the Badass III bridge, which no longer seems to be in production. Has anyone used any other bridges that fit the same route? The Fender-mount Hipshot A style looks like it might do the job, but I want to be sure it's right before I buy anything!

Here's the measurements of the Hipshot bridge, if it helps:
https://docs.hipshotproducts.com/5A4FM2.PDF

Go to bestbassgear.com. They should be able to help you out. They have a Babicz bridge that is made for string thru, but it's expensive ($160). You can email them and they'll help you out.

Michael

If it were me, I'd get a gotoh bridge with the same mounting screw pattern, clamp it under the drill press, and drill out holes for the strings. 

Allparts recently purchased the rights to the Badass series of bass bridges. You should be able to find them again.

Check reverb.com. If they don't have it check Amazon. I bought a badass V bridge recently and had to look a bunch but they are definitely still out there. Another option is eBay.

Heres an eBay link
https://www.ebay.com/i/293339724952

Reverb is the best place and they do have listings, but they sell quickly so you need to check daily

Thanks, folks. I should probably have added that I'm in the UK and trying to order as few parts from the US as possible (shipping and customs charges are expensive!), but the Stratosphere looks like it might be the place to go if all else fails.

Damn Customs Man!  One time I was coming back with undeclared french sausage and they sicked the dog on me, I felt like they were going to put me in jail and the dog was barking, it was a scene.  People were looking at like I was big time drug terrorist.  Some customs guy had a good meal that night.  Nothing happened to me other than having to give up the sausage. 

If you can get it, I like the babicz.

Back