Strat's here!

So im still have guitar problems. I'm just trying to fix what I can so i don't have to shell out $200 more for a professional to fix what I might be able to. So here's the deal.

I made sure the neck is perfectly level, there's no bowing what so ever, and when i put a straight edge to the frets every single fret touches, so I don't believe there's a drastically higher fret somewhere.

Somethings weird with my neck and bridge, maybe their relationship or something. With the bridge sitting flush against the body, and the neck perfectly straight, the low E string actually touches every single metal fret, and tbhe other strings are sounding more sitar-ish. The high E and B strings are really sitarish its gross. So i don't know. I tried to add a shim to my neck thinking if i angled it up, the action would become higher and the string wouldnt buzz...but it does, still, but at least now i can hear what note it is (barely).

This sucks! great looking guitar, and it has a lot of potential, but it plays worse than a squire right now.

The entire low E is laying on the fretboard and you are wondering why you get buzz? No offense, I think you should take this into any shop and just ask them 'what's wrong' and get an estimate. Then you can decide what to do. I'm a little bit confused by your descriptions, but my guess would be that you just have the action too low.

ahood540 said:
so heres a question for you guys.
the action on my guitar is pretty good after adjusting the truss rod and bridge. the low E buzzes a little more than i'd like when i fret past the 12th but it's not too big of a deal. However, the high E and B strings have a weird almost sitar like sound when i pluck them without the amp, like a really metallic sonic sound. When the guitar is plugged in it's not as noticable though the tone is a little different. any ideas of how to fix this? i just want the guitar to be perfect, as it could be! i don't know if maybe it's something with the bridge or something else...

Sitar sounds can be due to magnetic pull on the strings because the pickups are set too high.  As notes are fretted up the neck beyond the 12 fret, the smaller strings are more prone to be pulled in by the magnetic polepieces and hence causing them to "rattle" against the fret wires causing sitar-like sounds.

BTW, nice Strat.  Good choice on the Schaller locking tuners.

Back