Stratocaster replacement body custom build: Swamp ash (1-piece) core, why is selection of additional lam top mandatory?

Hi,

in the past I bought a Warmoth custom build Stratocaster replacement body with 1-piece swamp ash core wood and wondered why I had to select an additional lam top if I choose the same wood for the lam top as the core wood?

And I wondered even more when the body arrived. Because I couldn't see that there's any lam top on it (that I don't need anyway) - it's just one piece of wood. I don't understand why the lam top selection is mandatory for 1-piece bodies in the ordering process. Isn't that somewhat a money rip-off.

Is it possible to order an unfinished custom Stratocaster replacement body with 1-piece swamp ash core wood "without" additional lam top wood?

Best regards,
Bernd

A lam top is not required on a 1-piece body. It isn't now and it never has been. You can order a 1-piece swamp ash body from our website right now without a lam top.

If you specify "chambered" as the construction type that would require a lam top.

Back