strat trem / bridge compatibility

grackle

So, the warmoth strat trem routing options include American Standard, Gotoh 510 and Wilkinson VS100 (and then some floyd rose options).

The Gotoh 510 looks a lot like the Am Std but with slightly larger posts and a bigger route for the bridge itself. These two are not interchangeable, correct?

Are the other, oem fender 2-post treams generally interchangeable? Say I have a 2021 Player series that I want to swap the trem to match my 2000 Am Std. Does this trem work in both? https://warmoth.com/index.php/hardw...ges/strat-style-trems/fender-american-tremolo

For that matter... Are all the current OEM 2 post fenders (2-7/32") interchangeable w/ the Am Std trem? Is it just a matter of the vintage/modern look and string spacing?

The Gotoh 510 looks a lot like the Am Std but with slightly larger posts and a bigger route for the bridge itself. These two are not interchangeable, correct?

Not quite correct. A Gotoh 510 can fit into an American Standard rout, but some adjustment of removing a little wood with a file needs to be made so that its tremolo collar can fit.

An American standard would fit into a Gotoh 510 rout with some space to spare.

The studs for both are different, but one would work on the other.

Though, as the routs are available for either, it would make sense to get the rout for the type of bridge you intend to use.

Are the other, oem fender 2-post treams generally interchangeable? Say I have a 2021 Player series that I want to swap the trem to match my 2000 Am Std. Does this trem work in both? https://warmoth.com/index.php/hardw...ges/strat-style-trems/fender-american-tremolo

Yes, that should work.

For that matter... Are all the current OEM 2 post fenders (2-7/32") interchangeable w/ the Am Std trem? Is it just a matter of the vintage/modern look and string spacing?

All the current OEM is quite a broad statement, though all trems that are made to fit the Fender 2 post system as supplied or sold as replacement equipment for the purpose will be compatible. Though, you need to look at specification sheets etc to confirm each individual case.

The above advice is best-effort and comes with the caveat that you need to check each device and measurements for yourself.

Hi Stratamania,
First time posting here. I have a similar query to OP, and it seems like you know this subject so I thought I'd tag along. Any help would be much appreciated.
I'm building a strat and would like to be able to experiment with Gotoh 510s and Fender American Standard bridges.

Do you know if putting a Fender Am Standard bridge in Warmoth's Gotoh 510 route would leave visible gaps around the bridge plate? (visible from the top/front, I mean)

Also, I gather from your reply earlier that the Gotoh mounting studs Warmoth can install would also work with the Fender bridge, is that right? (just checking I understood correctly)

Thanks to you or anyone else for your help. Here's a screenshot of the two different routes for anyone else who is interested.

Attachments

• bridge mounts.png
    bridge mounts.png
    603.5 KB · Views: 8
Do you know if putting a Fender Am Standard bridge in Warmoth's Gotoh 510 route would leave visible gaps around the bridge plate? (visible from the top/front, I mean)

It would not be too visible, if at all. Depends on the viewer.

Also, I gather from your reply earlier that the Gotoh mounting studs Warmoth can install would also work with the Fender bridge, is that right? (just checking I understood correctly)

That is what I meant. Though, just because one will work with the other does not mean or guarantee it will be as optimum compared to the parts that are designed to work with each other.

Though to quote myself again...

Though, as the routs are available for either, it would make sense to get the rout for the type of bridge you intend to use.

Get the bridge you intend to use and the rout for it. I recommend the Gotoh 510 between the two choices in this thread.

The above advice is best-effort and comes with the caveat that you need to check each device and measurements for yourself.

I endeavour to give information as well as possible, but specs can change etc...

Last edited:
Back