Strat-O-Louie

G

guitlouie

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00140-1.jpg

DSC00137-1.jpg

CopyofDSC00151.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

Sorry, guys, I had to fix those pics, I was in a hurry at the time, but it was driving me nuts, this way seems better.  A computer geek I am not!

Ok, so it's been a long time and some things have changed since I started, but here ya go.... Hollow swamp ash that rings like a mofo....subdued flamed maple top, that I love....Pau Ferro with stainless steel that is slick as crap...Anagre neck that couples well with the hollow body to cut the brittle brights....Callaham hardtail bridge....Fender (I mean Bill Lawrence) SCN pickups....I love it, love it, love it  Gotta go play!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been finished about a week now, I just have been playing it too much to take pictures! :laughing7:
Those records and stuff you see there are but a fraction of the entire collection, but the wifey will only give up that much space in the living room, so I have to rotate stuff in and out of that section, and the rest is in another room!!!  I have all the original Zep albums on vinyl, but there are those two songs on the box set that aren't on anything else....yes, I have a sickness....

Mate, that looks bloody terrific, well done, fabulous combination! 

:blob7: :blob7: :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10: :blob7: :blob7: :party07: :party07: :cool01: :cool01: :hello2: :hello2: :headbang: :headbang: :hello2: :hello2: :guitarplayer2: :guitarplayer2: :guitaristgif: :rock-on: :headbang1:

guitlouie said:
It's been finished about a week now, I just have been playing it too much to take pictures! :laughing7:

I know what you mean!  I've had a hard time putting mine down too!

That really dig that cherry burst finish.  What are your thoughts on those Samarium Cobalt pickups?  When I was waiting for my Lace pickups, I almost grabbed those instead of the Texas Specials at Guitar Center.

Well, man,  I  knew the story about how Bill Lawrence had designed them, but I had heard alot of crap about them.  So going on the assumption that millions of people buy Britney Spears music, and hence you can't always trust what"everybody else" says, I went to a store and slightly abused an American Deluxe Fender that had them in it, and my own personal conclusion was that they were dead quite and had a very good strat sound. Now, I'm no strat purist that has played a 58 strat and can tell you that they sound like that, they probably don't. But they do sound like the strat I used to own from the eighties.  All these guys who were bashing them had said the bridge pickup was too harsh, or some crap, but to me that is what a strat bridge pickup sounds like so you can't tell them you want it to sound like a strat and then be mad when it does!  Anyway, in my new strat they sound great, like I want them to.  And when I plug in to my big amp, they are no noiser than my SG's buckers.  so that is what I know...

Actually it's probably my crappy pictures.  It is a standard thin, due to the fact that I was trying to somewhat replicate an older hardtail Strat I used to have.  For my next one though I am going to give the boat a try.  I do like fatter necks, but I have gotten very used to my SG that has the "slim taper", so I gotta work my way back up to the fatties... :toothy10:

guitlouie said:
Actually it's probably my crappy pictures.  It is a standard thin, due to the fact that I was trying to somewhat replicate an older hardtail Strat I used to have.  For my next one though I am going to give the boat a try.  I do like fatter necks, but I have gotten very used to my SG that has the "slim taper", so I gotta work my way back up to the fatties... :toothy10:

I've been getting standard thins all along but got a boat last time. I'm sold on the feel.

my mim tele has a fender "c" shaped neck which is i bit chunkier than my strat and i have noticed that the standard american tele's have an even chunckier "u"' shaped neck. I wonder if this is close to what the fatback is. i liked the way they feel.

Brian

Yeah man, just before I discovered Warmoth I had checked out a Baja Tele, one of the Fender series that was designed by their custom shop guys, but made on the cheap, and it had this great big ole' baseball bat of a neck, which I was really digging the feel of, but the rest of the guitar left something to be desired.  I love the standard thin on my strat, it's like my racing car of a guitar, but the Tele I'm thinking of doing next will certainly incorporate a fatter neck.  It's good to hear that Willyk is digging the Boat, it seems like the best of both worlds.

Those SCN are great pickups, I love the sound of them and have 2 sets of them.
That is one fine guitar you have there :headbang:

Back