Strat Hardtail Bridge - dumb question

Still of topic, but I am usually willing to pay slightly more for this one thing they used to have everywhere, but now you really have to go out of your way to find it...what was it called, oh yeah, service. 

i have to comment on muscians "freind" since it has been mentioned....to put it clear i will never ever buy from them again!once apon a time about 3 years ago i ordered a fender mark hoppus bass for a buddy of mine since he dident have a credit card ..i order the baby blue one as he ordered me to, three weeks pass and i recieve a black one to my surprise. i give mf a phone call and they give me hassle about trying to exchange it....weeks pass tons of phone calls and they tell me just to return it and then reorder but the catch is that they would not return my money for the extra 2 year warrenty i bought ( about $100) and that i will have to pay for ups express( about $80 from canada) to get it back to them and then a $50 restocking fee. to make it simple i lost $230 from there mistake and i dident get a sorry and they acting like it was my fault :icon_scratch:    from now on i will never buy from them.......just think i lost a nice flametop strat body :sad1:

Back on topic...
It is a top-loader, the strings load from just under the saddle screws, you can see the multi-colored ball ends in the photo I posted.  It doesn't trem block or anything like that, it's just wider than a normal hardtail, so it covers the whole trem hole.  You can see it in the picture. It's a quick, simple, easy conversion. For $40, you're not going to get an easier or more effective hardtail conversion.  You will need to drill your own mounting holes, of course. I just used my cordless drill.

just to answer the original question. to "block the trem" is to place a spacer, usually wood between the back of the trem block and the wall of the body cavity making it unusable.

hey tfarny thanks for the answer.  i couldn't see that pic using the computer i was on before......feel kinda s2pid now actually.. :confused4:

Back