Strat #2, almost done

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
What's next on the list ???... :icon_scratch:

Thanks, Doug.
Depends upon what the big W sends me next.  My guess is it'll either be the tele or my copy (version?) of a San Dimas Charvel.

And to Marko...thanks, also!
What's the tele going to be? The San Dimas is a spalt isn't it..... :icon_scratch:

Tele is either quilt or flame (don't remember) maple top red to yellow burst.  Soloist is spalt.  San Dimas is Alpine White hardtail with EMGs.

Now I'm lost....again.. :icon_scratch: Or maybe the soloist is what I thawt you were calling the San Dimas... :dontknow:

I think you're lost.  Sorry, I'm lost too.  This is the first time (I think) that I pulled out San Dimas.  The soloist is spalt and will have a Jackson-style headstock.  The white Strat (San Dimas) will be a rear-routed hardtail with EMGs and an all maple neck, quartersawn.

DocNrock said:
I think you're lost.  Sorry, I'm lost too.  This is the first time (I think) that I pulled out San Dimas.  The soloist is spalt and will have a Jackson-style headstock.  The white Strat (San Dimas) will be a rear-routed hardtail with EMGs and an all maple neck, quartersawn.
:icon_thumright:

I know you couldn't help it, but still. its a shame :)

but ey, how many warmoths do you have in the workshop right now? I have to keep up, but my wallet wont allow me to :D besides, I just want one more project. its really an over the top thing, but I like it, haha (and maybe later on another super-project... bubinga back, black korina top, pau ferro/wenge neck)

Orpheo said:

but ey, how many warmoths do you have in the workshop right now? I have to keep up, but my wallet wont allow me to :D besides, I just want one more project. its really an over the top thing, but I like it, haha (and maybe later on another super-project... bubinga back, black korina top, pau ferro/wenge neck)

Its all good, Orpheo.  I have four more Warmoths going on.  One body is here waiting on a neck (and removal of conductive paint) and 3 more being made by W.  After those are done, I plan to do my final over the top one myself...a bengal burst V2

DocNrock said:
Orpheo said:

Its all good, Orpheo.  I have four more Warmoths going on.  One body is here waiting on a neck (and removal of conductive paint) and 3 more being made by W.  After those are done, I plan to do my final over the top one myself...a bengal burst V2
3 more? tell me tell me tell me :D

my project, coming up, is my dream-les paul; rosewood back, mango lam back (!), wenge top, nitro finish, 9ply maple/bloodwood/bocote/pau ferro laminate neck, snakewood fingerboard, warpig alnico5 in neck, customwound ceramic warpig in bridge, pig90 (supersupersuperhot p90) in the middle, piezo in a ToM, blending/volume pot, toggleswitch for choosing, strat-wiring when singlecoil, humbucker/les paul wiring when humbuckers are chosen.

really, I dont think anything can top this axe  :toothy10:

Orpheo, your "dream paul" sounds about as exotic as can be.  That neck could almost never be outdone.  I'm not a "3 pup on a paul" person, but hey, that makes yours unique, especially with P90 in the middle.

My plans are not so unique as yours.  W is building 3 for me as we speak. 

One is a tele I got off the clearance rack.  It is alder with a flame maple top and finished in tangerine burst.  The neck is birdseye maple with a kingwood fingerboard.  Bridge pup will be a Tone Zone -T.  The neck pup will be a DiMarzio Chopper (I had the neck pup routed for a Strat sized pup).  No tele pickguard!

The next one is a Soloist.  It is mahogany with a spalted maple top, black binding, clear gloss finish.  The neck is a mahogany Jackson-style with reversed headstock, ebony fingerboard, and sharkfin inlays, bound.  OFR, HSH.  Norton, Hot Rails, Evo neck.

I also have a swamp ash Strat, rear routed, on order.  It will be painted Alpine White.  The neck is sitting here in my closet.  It is quartersawn maple with a maple fingerboard, black dots, and SS frets.  It is routed for a double battery box and will get EMG 85/81 pups (18v mod).  All black hardware, kind of a tribute to Charvel.  Hardtail. 

Finally, I plan a V2.  This will have a quilt maple top and will be finished as a bengal burst.  More than likely, I'll get korina or mahogany.  The neck will be padouk with a canary fingerboard, sharkfin inlays, and will have a quilt veneer on the reverse Jackson headstock also finished in bengal burst.  Pups will be '83 dirty fingers.  Black hardware, and definitely an OFR.

:rock-on:

Orpheo said:
DocNrock said:
Orpheo said:

my project, coming up, is my dream-les paul; rosewood back, mango lam back (!), wenge top, nitro finish, 9ply maple/bloodwood/bocote/pau ferro laminate neck, snakewood fingerboard, warpig alnico5 in neck, customwound ceramic warpig in bridge, pig90 (supersupersuperhot p90) in the middle, piezo in a ToM, blending/volume pot, toggleswitch for choosing, strat-wiring when singlecoil, humbucker/les paul wiring when humbuckers are chosen.

Aren't ALL your projects your dream Les Paul?

jackthehack said:
Orpheo said:
DocNrock said:
Orpheo said:

crackup.gif

jackthehack said:
Orpheo said:
DocNrock said:
Orpheo said:

imagine how many dreams I have :)

and indeed, its exotic. I like exotic woods.

DocNrock said:
Orpheo, your "dream paul" sounds about as exotic as can be.  That neck could almost never be outdone.  I'm not a "3 pup on a paul" person, but hey, that makes yours unique, especially with P90 in the middle.

My plans are not so unique as yours.  W is building 3 for me as we speak.

One is a tele I got off the clearance rack.  It is alder with a flame maple top and finished in tangerine burst.  The neck is birdseye maple with a kingwood fingerboard.  Bridge pup will be a Tone Zone -T.  The neck pup will be a DiMarzio Chopper (I had the neck pup routed for a Strat sized pup).  No tele pickguard!

The next one is a Soloist.  It is mahogany with a spalted maple top, black binding, clear gloss finish.  The neck is a mahogany Jackson-style with reversed headstock, ebony fingerboard, and sharkfin inlays, bound.  OFR, HSH.  Norton, Hot Rails, Evo neck.

I also have a swamp ash Strat, rear routed, on order.  It will be painted Alpine White.  The neck is sitting here in my closet.  It is quartersawn maple with a maple fingerboard, black dots, and SS frets.  It is routed for a double battery box and will get EMG 85/81 pups (18v mod).  All black hardware, kind of a tribute to Charvel.  Hardtail.

Finally, I plan a V2.  This will have a quilt maple top and will be finished as a bengal burst.  More than likely, I'll get korina or mahogany.  The neck will be padouk with a canary fingerboard, sharkfin inlays, and will have a quilt veneer on the reverse Jackson headstock also finished in bengal burst.  Pups will be '83 dirty fingers.  Black hardware, and definitely an OFR.

:rock-on:
Hey Doc, your Tele you got from clearance was it allready routed for double hum's?

Nope.  Routed stock.  I just had them change the neck pup to a strat route.  The bridge is still a tele route.  I'm putting in a Tone Zone - T.

DocNrock said:
Nope.  Routed stock.  I just had them change the neck pup to a strat route.  The bridge is still a tele route.  I'm putting in a Tone Zone - T.
Ahhhhh, I saw you said you were putting a Tone Zone in it, didn't see the "T".

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

With the exception of the pickguard, I'm staying relatively true to the tele build.  I just ain't gonna sound like a tele!

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

With the exception of the pickguard, I'm staying relatively true to the tele build.  I just ain't gonna sound like a tele!
:laughing7: no twang from that thang.....

Back