Star body

JamesL

Finally getting back to this board.. Haven't been here in a minute!
anywho, I bought a star body about two years ago and I just put some of the parts on and getting ready to order the neck... It's solid mahogany and I'm going to paint it a solid color. Suggestions? :eek:

Hey James!  Welcome back.  How's the world of endless touring?

For the star, I'd do a purple flake - but that's me.

hey, welcome back James, how is it going??

Sparkles sound just right for a star!!

mayfly said:

Only thing about purple is I already have a carvin V220 that's purple. And the two are remarkably similar haha

Seems like a white pearl would be nice. Reflective, but not gaudy.

JamesL said:
mayfly said:

Only thing about purple is I already have a carvin V220 that's purple. And the two are remarkably similar haha
Would that be a Carvin V220?  Go camo on the star body.... :icon_thumright:

Here are some of Akira Takasaki's ESPs, just to vote for the outside of the envelope. Oddly, I'm partial to the fish.

This is a pic of the carvin v220 that I'm trying NOT to make it look like... ha
and the star is at my workshop I'll get pics of that soon..
I'm really digging the white idea, and I was planning to go with a rosewood/rosewood neck. hmmmm  :binkybaby:

btw, I know that's a HORRIBLE pic that doesn't do her ANY justice or the gorgeous flame maple top that's on it haha

ESP Japan make a white Star-style guitar called the Crying Star as part of their artist series, which looks incredible in white. I used to hate the Star shape but since I saw that, I've fallen head over heels in love with it. It's not hard to guess what colour I would suggest you go for.

Maybe do some kind of red flake or candy red, got a fender precision in candy red which goes well next to my purple Z.

+1 on the white body: with a Rosewood/Rosewood neck, that would look fantastic.  What kind of hardware will this be?  If you're going white on the body, it's got to be black on the hardware, IMHO.

You can count on the hardware being black. I was thinking of having the headstock painted to match the body as well.
(insert negative feedback about painting a rosewood headstock here)

I have a question someone here can probably answer....

Having a straiter/flater radius ona neck can translate to lower action no? :icon_scratch:

I'm ordering the neck either tonight or in the morning.. So I'm trying to get the details worked out. :help:\

Another thing... Can the jackson shape not be ordered in rosewood? wtf.

Back