Stainless Steel Frets Now Avaliable on Bound Necks!!!

Red Rocks

After stuggling with trying to find a way to fret stainless steel into a bound neck (with consistant high quality results) we are finally ready to offer this option. This has been a very time consuming process, which required several prototype machines to be built and dismantled and rebuilt. You can now have stainless steel or the EVO gold fretwire installed in any guitar, 4 string bass, or deluxe 5 bass bound neck. This option is now available on the custom neck builder and showcase bound necks. There will be an up charge of $45.00 in addition to the wire cost. Some may balk at the $45.00 upcharge, but their is a lot more that goes into fretting a bound neck than many people may realize, and this is especially true when it comes to working with small pieces of stainless steel. If you look at the additional life that stainless steel gives a neck compared to the cost of having a bound neck refretted by a good luthier we think that the additional initial fretting cost is a real money saver. 

Awesome! Even though my stainless steel fretted neck has already shipped (unbound) this is definitely really cool. Good on you, Warmoth!

I just finished my first build and am now looking at doing an LP (oh God, I'm hooked).  I was really wanting SS frets and a bound neck, so this is really good news.  Thanks very much!!!!

Welcome news, indeed! And you won't get any kicking from me on the upcharge.

Just e-mailed Paul to ask if I can add this feature to my neck.

Fingers crossed they haven't started it yet....? Order placed 5th January....

<please, please, please, please, please, please, please>

order number 231777

Just heard back from Paul....

Woo-hoo!!!  My neck is almost at the finishing stage!

Which means no binding for me....

Oh well - wasn't meant to be.

C'est la vie

singlebest feature to out be done from my wishlist by warmoth :) what I really want is a les paul with f holes (and a floyd!) but that won't take long I hope ;) (maybe another 5 years waiting? ;) )

just kiddin this is great stuff!

Soon as i get the money my jazz bass is getting a Padouk/Padouk Black Blocks and binding with SS frets  :eek:ccasion14: :eek:ccasion14: :eek:ccasion14: :eek:ccasion14: :eek:ccasion14:, Think ill crack open the last drink i bought earlier  :toothy12: Happy Days are here!  :party07:

282-mother-of-god.jpg

961-aww-yeah.jpg

success-kid-i-hate-sandcastles-ayer.jpg

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

tumblr_lo3p3nzuxi1qf2lpz.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKlxjbhB9HE
*edit* adding video link
I'm clearly going to need at least 1 more guitar now.

I'm so glad I don't have to decide between binding or SS frets now, and I can order the neck I want! You guys rock.

Back