SS6100 Now available

simple

Staff member
I have our first neck fretted with SS6100 in my hand. The wire installs great and cleans up real nice. We will now be putting it up on our website!

Well, from all the posts on this site you should have 100s of necks ordered by tomorrow morning!

jackthehack said:
Well, from all the posts on this site you should have 100s of necks ordered by tomorrow morning!
Yes, we are standing by the phones at the ready!

Well, they're going on my next neck.  Thanks Gregg & W! :icon_thumright:

Edit: Oops my next neck is going to be bound.  So no SS for me.  :-\

So, ah, is there something missing, one fret size still not offered in SS? Oh yeah, 6130!!!! Sure hope that's the next step.

tfarny said:
So, ah, is there something missing, one fret size still not offered in SS? Oh yeah, 6130!!!! Sure hope that's the next step.
Well that was a short honeymoon.  :-\

Gregg said:
I have our first neck fretted with SS6100 in my hand. The wire installs great and cleans up real nice. We will now be putting it up on our website!

They really do make the world go around!!!  Nice stuff.

Actually, I would like to get input from Gregg on that matters. Do 6100 compare to jackson frets and the 6150 to Ibanez ones? I might stick with the 6115, to get something in between. I like SUPER HIGH and quite narrow. (I got used to scalloped neck with baby frets..hehe, scalloped fretboard in my case : cheap refret!)  :icon_tongue:

6100 is comparable to the big Ibanez frets. I've seen Jacksons vary too much to call an average on that one. 6150 are comparable to what you find on American Standard Fender necks.

SS6115 are cool frets because of that triangle shape. Some old Ibanez Artists had that shaped fret back in the day and I always thought they felt cool, especially for playing around the higher registers of the neck.

The Stainless Steel 6100 we have is .110 w x .057 h. 

Just a heads up - the SS fret size picture is squashed now, because the div is still scaled to the size of the old picture.  :)

Great to hear....these will go on my V2 (waiting to clean up all the other orders, first).  :tard:

SS6115's almost feel "Pre-Crowned" in my opinion.  They're a nice alternative if you like tall and narrow.  Also, if you have larger fingers & play on shorter scaled necks, I think they feel more comfortable when playing up above the 17th fret as they let you fingers in between each fret a little easier.  That's just my own opinion though.

Gregg said:
6100 is comparable to the big Ibanez frets. I've seen Jacksons vary too much to call an average on that one. 6150 are comparable to what you find on American Standard Fender necks.

SS6115 are cool frets because of that triangle shape. Some old Ibanez Artists had that shaped fret back in the day and I always thought they felt cool, especially for playing around the higher registers of the neck.

I happen to like the Jackson's frets, low and wide. Goes with the razor thin necks.......
sterb164.gif

DangerousR6 said:
I happen to like the Jackson's frets, low and wide. Goes with the razor thin necks.......
sterb164.gif

I just love that emoticon  :laughing7:

But don't like thin necks... :sad1:

Hey! That's exactly the same size as the LMII jumbo stainless fretwire I posted about last week - what a coincidence!  :toothy12:

(after you sell those 100 nex tomorrow, I can take my commission in parts, gift certificates, a scalloped, boatneck, baritone neck with skull inlays....)

Gregg, my respects to warmoth! this is really custombuilding to the max. I wish that most companies would listen to the customer, to finally add it to the catalogue. great job! Unfortunately, not my thing. SS-frets+binding is a nono, unfortunately. otherwise I'd have it too!

Tesser said:
Just a heads up - the SS fret size picture is squashed now, because the div is still scaled to the size of the old picture.  :)
Thanks, we'll get that fixed.

Back