SRV Trem Rout

rockskate4x

Hey guys... I'd like to build a right handed strat that has a left handed trem like Stevie Ray's number one strat...

Do any of you know of left handed trems that'll fit in a right handed rout or will I have to get a custom bridge rout for this one?

I am interested in a Wilky but can settle for something else...

I'm pretty sure there's no lefty trems that work in a righty route.
Go for a custom bridge route. A lot of the guitars don't have a bridge routing.

Are you wanting to have a left handed trem in a right handed guitar, And play it right handed?  Because if you are ordering from warmoth, you can get a left trem routed there. I think. And I don't think if you have a body already routed for right handed wilky, that you can put a lefty in there. I may be wrong.

I imagine that most trems would fit right in. The holes are symmetrical, if I recall correctly.

If you have a strat body with the two-post rout, I have an old trem just sitting around. It's missing a few of the screws and springs, so it's pretty unusable, but it might serve your purpose.

If you paypal me a few bucks for shipping, I can send it to you (assuming you're in the US).

I don't have any bodies or trems yet. It's all conceptual at this point and I am just seeing what's out there, but thanks anyway

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Are you wanting to have a left handed trem in a right handed guitar, And play it right handed?

Yes, this is exactly what I'd like to do. A reverse strat headstock would be awesome as well...

rockskate4x said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Are you wanting to have a left handed trem in a right handed guitar, And play it right handed?

Yes, this is exactly what I'd like to do. A reverse strat headstock would be awesome as well...

Warmoth can do a lefty trem in a right handed body.  No problems.  6 hole trem routs are not symetrical, so you'd need a rout specific to the right/left hand bridge.

Back