Spruce top Tele

Cagey said:
I understand the saddle(s) can make a lotta difference. Martin, for instance, likes to use Graphech saddle material on their electrified acoustic guitars.. Also, many say the undersaddle solution works best if there's a mic inside the guitar to mix with the piezos. The Fishman stuff uses that technique, as do some of the better L.R. Baggs units. Taylor's system is also a mixed pickups arrangement, but it's piezo + magnetic rather than a piezo + dynamic.
I'll have to try out the graphite saddle, I do believe the Kramer I have has a Fishman in it, not sure what Fender used on the Stratocoustic and Telecoustic...

The Graphtech material is pretty hard, so I gotta think it would transmit vibration fairly well. If you take a handful of their nuts/saddle material and shake it in your hand, it sounds sorta like a buncha aluminum parts. They sorta "tinkle" like wind chimes.

Cagey said:
The Graphtech material is pretty hard, so I gotta think it would transmit vibration fairly well. If you take a handful of their nuts/saddle material and shake it in your hand, it sounds sorta like a buncha aluminum parts. They sorta "tinkle" like wind chimes.
Yes, graphite is hard stuff, depending on what type of graphite. We use some in the machining industry in EDM machines, and there are varying types fore different types of materials for it to be used on...

Back