Spalted V - Work in Progress

Cagey said:
dwiller said:
Got some very special real ivoroid pickup rings made to match the body binding etc.    Don't ask how much they were or where I got them from as I am not at liberty to say.    They are a small feature, but bring the whole project together.

At the link.

I think what he meant was "ivory", since that's what it looks like and there's nothing special about Ivoroid. It's just plastic.
Probably so... :doh:

Well, if you feel like you have to go with a Flying V, that's absolutely the way it Ought To Be Done.  Sexxxy!

Bagman

I'm absolutely in love with my Warmoth LP, but THIS guitar is exactly what Warmoth is all about. So damn cool! Congrats on one of the coolest guitars I've ever seen

My understanding is that Ivoroid is a cellulose based material which is not the same as a plastic pickup ring.    It has a grain structure and appearance more closely approximating real ivory.    The rings are hand made from a block of Ivoroid/cellulose compared to mass produced plastic versions.    There are only a couple of luthiers using it as its fairly labor intensive, and involves more regulatory issues.

Glad you all like it.    Now I need to get to work on my "Magentalist" soloist.   

Cheers

Back