Spalted Strat....anyone.

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
Spalted Strat, this is sharp, I like the drop top binding..... :icon_thumright:
S3008A.jpg

S3008c.jpg

Ah, nice.

Too bad for the binding though, i'd want to make that cutaway larger so high notes are a breeze, and the binding should be black. It's lookin rockin.

Add a H-S-X config, rear routed, 24 fret, wilky trem.    :icon_thumright:

Looks like a mutant Frankenstein head on there... I don't know... I don't think I want my guitar to be a Rorschach test :laughing7:

GoDrex said:
Looks like a mutant Frankenstein head on there... I don't know... I don't think I want my guitar to be a Rorschach test :laughing7:
Wouldn't be that noticable one all put together.....

NonsenseTele said:
Nice! It's yours, Doug??

Would look great in something alike that:
index.php
Nope not mine, altho I did think about it for a bit. but I got too many irons in the fire at the moment... :doh:

To me, that one looks cheap. Fragile. It reminds me of the balsa model airplanes in my garage that used to belong to my grandfather.

I dunno, not too into this one. Definitely want black binding on it.

Speaking of Rorschach, anyone else excited / apprehensive about the Watchmen movie due out in march???

Max said:
To me, that one looks cheap. Fragile. It reminds me of the balsa model airplanes in my garage that used to belong to my grandfather.
Spalt is fragile....do your research...

nathan a said:
I dunno, not too into this one. Definitely want black binding on it.
Black binding would definately fit the better....And it's not as purdy as some of the other spalts around, but it's beautiful in it's own way... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
Spalt is fragile....do your research...
But yours and Doc's spalts look strong!

Back