Spalted Strat....anyone.

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,456
Spalted Strat, this is sharp, I like the drop top binding..... :icon_thumright:
S3008A.jpg

S3008c.jpg


 

Wana_make_a_guitar

Senior member
Messages
2,793
Ah, nice.

Too bad for the binding though, i'd want to make that cutaway larger so high notes are a breeze, and the binding should be black. It's lookin rockin.

Add a H-S-X config, rear routed, 24 fret, wilky trem.    :icon_thumright:
 

GoDrex

Senior member
Messages
3,619
Looks like a mutant Frankenstein head on there... I don't know... I don't think I want my guitar to be a Rorschach test :laughing7:
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,456
GoDrex said:
Looks like a mutant Frankenstein head on there... I don't know... I don't think I want my guitar to be a Rorschach test :laughing7:
Wouldn't be that noticable one all put together.....
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,456
NonsenseTele said:
Nice! It's yours, Doug??

Would look great in something alike that:
index.php
Nope not mine, altho I did think about it for a bit. but I got too many irons in the fire at the moment... :doh:
 

Mor Paul

Senior member
Messages
7,238
To me, that one looks cheap. Fragile. It reminds me of the balsa model airplanes in my garage that used to belong to my grandfather.
 

nathan a

Senior member
Messages
1,836
I dunno, not too into this one. Definitely want black binding on it.

Speaking of Rorschach, anyone else excited / apprehensive about the Watchmen movie due out in march???
 

DangerousR6

Senior member
Messages
15,456
Max said:
To me, that one looks cheap. Fragile. It reminds me of the balsa model airplanes in my garage that used to belong to my grandfather.
Spalt is fragile....do your research...

nathan a said:
I dunno, not too into this one. Definitely want black binding on it.
Black binding would definately fit the better....And it's not as purdy as some of the other spalts around, but it's beautiful in it's own way... :dontknow:

 

Mor Paul

Senior member
Messages
7,238
DangerousR6 said:
Max said:
To me, that one looks cheap. Fragile. It reminds me of the balsa model airplanes in my garage that used to belong to my grandfather.
Spalt is fragile....do your research...
But yours and Doc's spalts look strong!
 
Top