Spalted Maple Tele

Well, after 8 weeks of waiting for my parts to be finished by Warmoth, then ANOTHER week of trying to track down my missing packages (long story with a fortunately happy ending), I finally have my new Tele. Below is a photo of the body and neck. I've since finished assembling all the parts but didn't bother taking any "work in progress" photos, but I'll be posting a new thread of the finished guitar in the next few days after getting it back from the fine folks at Portland Fretworks who are doing a setup for me.

IMG_0744

Very nice!  Love spalted maple. I was wondering if W still offered spalt as I haven't seen it as an option in the configurator.

Their offerings vary, depending on availability and when things come out of the dryers.

Very cool, spalted tele's are the bomb...that neck looks pretty sweet with it... :headbang1:

Oooh, is that roasted Maple neck I see? I'm liking the grain on that!

After a similar look for my next build... Looks great with no inlays!

Tschommer said:
Great lookin color combination, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished guitar.

No need to wait! The updated thread with the finished guitar is here: http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=24667.0

frown said:
Oooh, is that roasted Maple neck I see? I'm liking the grain on that!

After a similar look for my next build... Looks great with no inlays!

It is indeed a roasted maple neck! It's fantastic... Feels good to the touch, sounds great with the thicker neck profile, and it even smells good, too.

Back