Sound clip of the day

dudesweet157

One Warmoth Strat
One Fender Super Champ XD
One SM58
One Boss BR-600

That's all you need to kill a couple hours and come out with something like this! :icon_biggrin:

So this arrangement has 3 guitars, one distortion in drop-d, one spanky clean in drop-d, one clucky clean in DADGAD.  I used the Plexi voice for distortion, Blackface voice for spank, and the Tweed voice for cluck.  Replay through the PC speakers has me feeling the DADGAD guitar is too high in the mix and the distortion is too low.  It sounded great through my monitors and headphones, but i digress...

Opinions???  On anything???

Cheers,
Rose

Sounds pretty good, decent voice!  The distorted guitar did seem almost non-existent in the mix.

Dude, your voice (I'm assuming it's your voice) sounds almost exactly like my friend Evan's...

Nice job, sounded sweet!

Interesting arrangement for that tune, good singing, but there's no BALLZ guitar goin' on there!

(you know, that dun da da duna-da-duna-da-duna-da-dit "YEAH" part)

Suggestion:  get a BALLZ tone goin', record that heavy part once, pan it wide left, then record it again (don't copy/paste the first one) and pan it wide right... bring up in mix so it stands out (but not too much of course).

The ol' doubling technique will sound cool and heavy.  :icon_thumright:

Okay, so I remixed it on the PC via Audacity, and the mix is MUCH better IMNSHO.  What do you think now?

Cheers,
Rose

I agree with SL about the heavy part... that song NEEDS the BIG distorted sound in the chorus.  Try a Big Muff!

Great singing, you have a perfect voice for alt-rock.  :)  Is that a Collective Soul song?  Or STP?  :help:

Thanks guys, the voice is not me, it's actually my kid brother (15 y/o).  Part of the reason it sounds so empty is the lack of a bass track.  My only bass is active and the battery was dead.  It sounds much better once you get the thump in the low end.  The distortion guitar would've had more balls if I'd used the VIP too, but I didn't, lol.  It was just me noodling around for a while b/c I was bored.  My band hasn't been able to play out in a LOOOONG time (since Nov.), so I scratch my itch by doing these amateur recordings.  Thanks for the great feedback!

-Rose

Your 15 years old brother singing???
I was completely growl in size at that age but I don't think I had a voice like that  :eek:

dudesweet157 said:
Okay, so I remixed it on the PC via Audacity, and the mix is MUCH better IMNSHO.  What do you think now?

Cheers,
Rose

Slight improvement, but still needs *more* BALLZ in that one part!

That is, if'n you're trying to capture the essence of the original...

the reason the heavy part doesn't work is because of the drum track. It's just a straight beat throughout, and it needs to follow and stop during that heavy part.

Wow, that does not sound like a 15-year-old.  Keep it up, dudesweet's brother!  :rock-on:

Back