someone make this guitar for me

GoDrex

thanks in advance!  :icon_thumright: :laughing7:

I'm talking about the tele with the zebra pickups...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATu5ZVUO0KI

btw - how nice of Clapton (world's most boring guitarist) to stand around on stage pretending to do something during that. :laughing7:

yeah, count me in as one of the outsiders.....I can´t stand the music of clapton and santana. they make me sick.

GoDrex said:
btw - how nice of Clapton (world's most boring guitarist) to stand around on stage pretending to do something during that. :laughing7:

Was Clapton even plugged in? 

GoDrex said:
He had a cigarette burning, that's something isn't it... :laughing8:

It's not that I hate Clapton, but I do agree that I find him a little boring
on the other hand, I do respect him for the impact he made on other players.

I loved the Yardbirds.  I loved John Mayall's Bluesbreakers feat. EC.  I loved Cream.  I liked Blind Faith.  I liked Derek and the Dominos.  After that.....well, a little boring is right.

Oh, and Gary, I'll get right on making that for you!  :icon_thumright: 

Now, we need to discuss my small (astronomical) fee.  :laughing3:

rounce55 said:
The yardbirds is like a superband!
They did have some excellent guitarists, but I think I'm more of a fan of the New Yardbirds. They only had one of the Yardbirds with them, but they did alright. That one dude was Jimmy Page. Keith Moon thought it would work about as well as a lead zeppelin.

Beck always plays best when he has somebody to compete with - as does McLaughlin, Morse, Clapton, et alia. The problem comes when you hire your competitive foil, and you're their boss - tends to make 'em too shy to spook you to your best. :sad1: Look what happened to Clapton after he hired Phil Collins to drum for him.... :eek:

That guitar is the famous "Telegib" made by Seymour Duncan personally, used to record "Cause we've Ended as Lovers", and which predates Eddie Van Halen's "revolutionary" idea to stick a humbucker on a Fender by several years. As I recall through the mists, a lot of people figured that one out.

Jeff Beck is the "coolist" guy from that generation in my opinion.  Progressive and inovative are words that come to mind.  There would never have been guys like Satriani and Vai (and countless others) had their not been Blow By Blow or Wired. 

So I guess you can thank him or Blame him...

thumb55 said:
Jeff Beck is the "coolist" guy from that generation in my opinion.  Progressive and inovative are words that come to mind.  There would never have been guys like Satriani and Vai (and countless others) had their not been Blow By Blow or Wired. 

So I guess you can thank him or Blame him...

Most importantly, without a Jeff Beck, there would have been no Nigel Tufnel. :)

Back